New amp for PMC DB1+ - Naim Nait 5i, Creek Evolution 2 or Yamaha A-S1000?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I've got a PMC DB1+ and am looking to upgrade my amp (currently an old Yamaha dinosaur AX386).

I don't want to spend more than around £750, so the Naim Nait 5i, Creek Evolution 2 and Yamaha A-S1000 appear to be candidates. As I am new to mixing/matching components, I would appreciate views on the above pairings. For example, would any particular pairing lean towards being too bright/dark sounding? I know it depends on the source, but it will be a CD player (yet to be determined as that is next on the list).

Many thanks!

L

leonardng:

Hi all,

I've got a PMC DB1+ and am looking to upgrade my amp (currently an old Yamaha dinosaur AX386).

I don't want to spend more than around £750, so the Naim Nait 5i, Creek Evolution 2 and Yamaha A-S1000 appear to be candidates. As I am new to mixing/matching components, I would appreciate views on the above pairings. For example, would any particular pairing lean towards being too bright/dark sounding? I know it depends on the source, but it will be a CD player (yet to be determined as that is next on the list).

Many thanks!

L

Hi leonardng

From these three the Naim Nait 5i will be an ideal match for the PMC as believe the sound will be too heavy handed with the Creek and the Yamaha.

Have a Happy New Year.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick - thanks for that view. I will be trying out the Naim vs the Creek (I think Graham's in London have both) and will let you know what happens. I do luurve the way that Yamaha looks though!

leonardng:Hi Rick - thanks for that view. I will be trying out the Naim vs the Creek (I think Graham's in London have both) and will let you know what happens. I do luurve the way that Yamaha looks though!

Hi leonardng

Your welcome.

I love the Yamaha looks too and especially the fit, finish and battleship build quality (i sell them and currently have the A-S2000/CD-S2000 combination in store in black and it is stunning with the retro looks). However on this occassion the PMC's are not ideal.

Happy listening.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Wow - I really respect the fact that you deal in Yamaha and have not pushed them where you believe there might be a more appropriate amp in this instance.

I salute thee - have a great year (with lots of new customers) ahead!

leonardng:

Wow - I really respect the fact that you deal in Yamaha and have not pushed them where you believe there might be a more appropriate amp in this instance.

I salute thee - have a great year (with lots of new customers) ahead!

Hi leonardng

Your welocome and i appreciate your kind words. If you were not aware than please bear in mind that i also support Naim. Further details are in my bio.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Not sure Naim would like being left out of the "Products" page of the Musicraft website then!
emotion-5.gif

Cheers

Len

leonardng:

Not sure Naim would like being left out of the "Products" page of the Musicraft website then!
emotion-5.gif

Cheers

Len

Hi leonardng

The site is in a mess and for this (as previously said on other threads) i am sorry. Fortunately it is in hand and will be polished up in due course (although it is taking longer than i had anticipated due to some major hick-ups).

Btw, Naim is still selling though for me.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
leonardng:
Hi all,

Many thanks!

L

I would buy the Cambridge Audio 840A v2. You can have a play for 28 days and if it's not right for you, return it for a full refund.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have heard my Nait 5i/CD5i and the naimuniti through the PMC DB1i a few times now.

They are pretty much made for each other.

I have also heard the PMC GB1i with the naimuniti too. Also very impressive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts