Need some basic advice on a television

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Basically i am after a television at the moment. My knowledge is pretty minimal but i have been doin some research on the internet for a bit looking at reviews of various sets.

I am looking to spend around £500 - £600. The main thing that i want out of the television is a really good, sharp picture with nice deep colours. (suppose what most people want!!) Anyway, the size i would like is probably a 37 inch. I would prefer to spend more money on a decent picture rather than a bigger screen size. After little research i came to the conclusion that a plasma would be the best option as far as picture quality goes. Then Panasonic TH-37X80B seemed to tick all the boxes. I know it has won awards etc which is obviously a good sign. I know the sound is supposed to be a dodgy but i am willing to fork out a little more for extras to rectify this.

I know that this television came out in 2007. Is there any draw backs to this? How does this compare the 2008/09 version of the same televison. It looks lke they are coming in at a similar price but the reviews for the TH-37X80B seem to be a little better. Do those reviews still stand up a couple of years down the line.

LCD seem to be more popular. Why is this? Am i missing something??

First of all, £500-600 is way too much to spend on a 3 year old 37 inch TV.

Secondly, the gap between plasmas, LCDs & LED lit LCDs are narrowing. Also, people have one preference or the other as to whether they prefer the look of either. You really must go to the shops to see what you prefer.

There aren't many 37-inch plasma TVs. Look at the 40-42 inch range for maximum choice. If you're after a quality plasma, I would recommend the Panasonic 42G20 for £649.95 with 5-year warranty.

Samsung, Panasonic, LG and Sony all make very good LCD and LED lit LCD TVs.

Check these out:

1) Panasonic 37D25: I personally think this is a brilliant TV.

2) Sony 37EX503: This is the current What Hi-Fi 37-inch best buy.

3) Panasonic 37G20: This is the LCD version of the G20 series.

4) Sony 40EX713: This has better features than the 503.

5) Samsung 40C580

The main reason for popularity of LCD TVs is that you can make TVs of all sizes with one technology. So it makes sense for manufacturers to invest more in LCD technology. You won't find a plasma TV smaller than 37 inches. Majority of TVs sold are 32 inches or smaller (worldwide), because of which plasma had a limited market.

TRENDING THREADS