Nearly there...just need some speakers.

A

Anonymous

both look v nice especially the Acoustic Energy Neo 3....mmm so many rivers to cross.

A

Anonymous

They are both terrific speakers but obviously unlike me, you should try before you buy.

I should add this one into the mix to, Tannoy F4, when you said the 684 was "ok", what do you feel it was missing?

A

Anonymous

I dont know its hard to describe. The audiolab 8000s + 8000p seemed powerful as hell when i had my demo. Felt like the speakers couldnt handle the power very well. My old speakers which are some JBL monitors are massive and handle well. but they are unsightly. My new speakers are to go alongside tv, as part of a setup, with an arcam procceser doing the centre and 2 rears, and the Audiolab doing the fronts...New speakers thesedays struggle to impress me i think

A

Anonymous

I see what you are saying, well none of the speakers mentioned as recommendations will struggle with power. The main thing is you weren't suitably impressed with the speakers, so they are the wrong speakers for you.

A

Anonymous

I know. its going to be hard to demo speakers tho cos the only hifi shop near me is sightandsound...dont know but will have to have a good think about the speakers

A

Anonymous

Well sight and sound do carry a fair amount of speakers, but obviously you will be better off finding out exactly what they do have and in addition to that, maybe traveling a bit further if it means being able to listen to other speakers. Where do you live?

matthewpiano

Do you mean sightandsound in Preston? If so, don't forget about Practical Hi-Fi. I find them more helpful. Also worth a trip to Manchester to Super-fi, or a chat with the guys at Southport Hi-Fi who are excellent.

A

Anonymous

Preston,lancs. but i dont drive so its goint to be hard. ill see what sight and sound can do for me.I can see whats going to happen ill spend the next couple of months buying and selling on speakers at this rate i can see that coming!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Ive been practical hi fi 4 years but there struggling with there prices for me, couldnt beat SAS on nowt. both good shops and helpful but its all about the money leaving my bank account and thats it.

A

Anonymous

I haven't heard them but you might want to test out the Mezzo 6 if they have them, as mostly the feedback about those speakers has been very good.

A

Anonymous

Yeah thought about them. I need a DAC in the future to connect my laptop eventually, you suggest one, nearly got the latest beresford on e bay the other week but got outbid (again)...

A

Anonymous

To be honest a DAC has completely made my system, well obviously I have the Beresford 6 series 7510 which did not come with a usb connection, so if you are looking for a usb connection, then look to the dac magic or beresford primarily. You can email stanley beresford and ask for a loan of the TC7520 dac from him, that is the best thing to do I reckon.

A

Anonymous

Shame you can't run to Spendor speakers. They're very good indeed. Rega are well worth a look, too, if you like a livelier sound.

matthewpiano

Tarquinh:Shame you can't run to Spendor speakers. They're very good indeed. Rega are well worth a look, too, if you like a livelier sound.

...and for Rega you need to get on a train to Southport. Southport Hi-Fi are a Rega dealer and very enthusiastic about the product.

A

Anonymous

Dac advice thanks.Heard some splendors when demo d at practical hi fi.Sure they where 1600 quid or summat, i want some for 600 quid!!

A

Anonymous

reggaedave:Dac advice thanks.Heard some splendors when demo d at practical hi fi.Sure they where 1600 quid or summat, i want some for 600 quid!!

Sevenoaks have Spendors starting from 599.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Just bought a pair of Castle Severns mk1s, see how an old british built speaker takes me. In the future (after octobers re-morgaging) may look at a full 5.1 speaker package.

Local dealer want to sell me the QED Silver anv Bi-wiring cable (4whitewires in a line oooo), at just under tenner a metre, this be ok cable wise reguarding my final setup????

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Given your name and what I presume is your taste in music I would probably choose something other than the QED. Whilst I love the sound, they are a little on the lively side rather than bassy. Great for what I listen to ie vocals, but if you want pumping bass then look elsewhere. Chord Silverscreen perhaps.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

ok ill have a read around about cable, i wouldnt have thought different types of cable could give such varied sound results, but i suppose when u get music from a little shiny round disc, every component is a factor.

Not strictly reggae..my demo cds were..

Geneside 2- New life 4 the Hunted.

Clannad- Lore

Sade- Lovers Rock

One more thing, i would like to buy an upgraded kettle plug power cord for the AAP cd player, anyone suggest one around 50 pound budget? (will i hear this differance)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts