Nano 4th gen battery replacement

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Bought my grandsons nano from him a couple of years ago as he needed the money and I needed something portable for holiday. Checking it out today and I find the battery not holding charge. Not a problem, thinks I, batteries don't last forever so should be just a straightforward battery change. Hmm, well it appears to be not as straightforward as I imagined. Now I've spent 44 years in various forms of electronic maintenance ranging from radar to radio to cable tv, so opening up boxes of electronic stuff and fixing whatever is inside has never been a problem for me. I've been looking at the youtube video on how to do this battery change and I'm just asking the question to any forum members if they have ever done this successfully? Having to basically dismantle the ipod and unsolder the battery is not quite what I was expecting. There are quite a few stages to doing it and it would only take a little slip of the tweezers or a bit too much pressure applied and it's history for the nano.

Everyone knows that rechargeable batteries don't last forever, so what possessed the people at Apple to make it so EDITED difficult is totally beyond me. I wonder what planet the design team were from.

:?

Rich

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Paul, I now feel full of confidence :)

I'm thinking that maybe now would be a good time for a change to something different. Something which I can simply drag and drop mp3 files into, instead of having to mess about putting stuff into itunes first in order to get it into the ipod.

Rich

TRENDING THREADS