Some guidance looking for a portable internet radio after the loss of my old reliable.

Jun 21, 2023
Visit site
A few weeks ago my ever faithful Sandstorm finally but the dust after many,many years of audio joy. It has left a hole in my heart and on the bookshelf it resided on.

I've been looking around for a replacement and I'm struggling to find many options for a portable system that has Internet Radio along with DAB. Don't really want to go down the replacement battery route, the Sandstrom had a 5 hour internal battery life and that really helped with convenience.

We liked to listen to music in the garden and just to carry around that house when needed etc so the portability is extremely important.

So can anyone point out me in the direction of where I should be shopping for one, I've not got the biggest budget so anything above the £200 mark I'll just have to look on in envy.

I'm open to a separate system and wireless speakers.

I know I'm sounding like a complete novice on this matter and thank you for persistence in reading this post

Witterings

A few weeks ago my ever faithful Sandstorm finally but the dust after many,many years of audio joy. It has left a hole in my heart and on the bookshelf it resided on.

I've been looking around for a replacement and I'm struggling to find many options for a portable system that has Internet Radio along with DAB. Don't really want to go down the replacement battery route, the Sandstrom had a 5 hour internal battery life and that really helped with convenience.

We liked to listen to music in the garden and just to carry around that house when needed etc so the portability is extremely important.

So can anyone point out me in the direction of where I should be shopping for one, I've not got the biggest budget so anything above the £200 mark I'll just have to look on in envy.

I'm open to a separate system and wireless speakers.

I know I'm sounding like a complete novice on this matter and thank you for persistence in reading this post

Won't any reasonable bluetooth speaker in conjunction with a mobile phone do?

I actually have garden speakers but they're at the rear of the house and I'm often working down the side or in the front and don't want to blast the neighbours with the outdoor sopeakers so I have a Soundcore Motion Plus that gets carried around the garden with me and just use the radioplayer app .... although I know you can download DAB Apps as well.

I did try it's smaller brother 1st and whilst that was great inside the sound got lost outside so exchanged it for the motion plus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts