Naim Unitiqute or Stream Magic 6? Which way to go for the best sound?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am toying with a Naim Uniqute or a Stream Magic 6.

Have listened to the Unitiqute and Simple Audio, and the Naim sounds great and the ipad app is great.

Sad it does not play ALAC but I can convert my itune library using dbpower.

Other option is to go for a Stream Magic 6, which is cheaper of course and will play ALAC now.

Have not listened to the Stream Magic as yet. Wish it was sold where the Naim is sold.

I currently have an Arcam Solo and Spendor S3e speakers. IPAD. Itunes library streamed with Twonkyserver.

I listen to a lot of jazz and internet radio.

Anyone auditioned both and can share thoughts?

I must have good sound, ipad control.

Thanks.

John Duncan

I've plugged a StreamMagic into a Uniti (v1) and it sounds extremely good. I can't really say that one sounds better than the other from a streaming point of view (though an ND5XS was a bit better). So it will pretty much depend on what amp you use with an SM6 as to how itight compare to a Qute. Did you have any thoughts? Be aware that the Naim app's quite a bit slicker than the Cambridge.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Just a thought, but if you are mainly concerned with ALAC, why not try an ATV or AEX? Perhaps the ATV might be a bit more versatile. You would of course still need amplification.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the feedback.

If I went for the Stream Magic I would feed it into my existing Arcam Solo. Do you suggest that Unitiqute is a better option than a Stream Magic+myArcam Solo?

On the ALAC point I do understand tha the £1395 version does play ALAC but not the £995 version I am looking at. Should have mentioned that. I will stretch to the £995 but not beyond!

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts