Naim Nait 5i/CD5i combo paring with Proac Studio 110

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Just want your opinion. Is it consider a upgrade sound for me if I pair my Naim Nait 5i/CD5i combo, On a pair of new Proac Studio 110, Instead of the original EBacoustic EB1?

Anyone out there having this kind of setup? and how does it sound?

I listen mostly to Bossa Nova ; Jazz ; pop & Rock

Best Rgds,
Alvin

A

Anonymous

Hi tayalvin,

I used to run this exact set up, although i have recently upgraded the speakers to a pair of ART Emotion Monitor (not a speaker i hear a lot of on these forums, which is weird because they're amazing!)

Anyway, back to the Proac's. For me the Naim/Proac combo gave a very detailed and neutral performance, but i always felt it lacked a bit of emotion, and definitiely lacked warmth which meant it could be quite tiring to listen to at high volumes and for any length of time. This was especialy true with rock music. If that sounds negative it shouldnt be (I really enjoyed that combination for a long time before upgrading), its just that i suspect this combo wont be to everyone's taste. If you're keen on this combo i really would suggest a lenghty audition before spending any money.

If you can wait and save some money though, i would recommend the ART speakers without any caveat's!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm, not sure. I wasn't overly keen on the 110's myself. They were good, but nothing special for the money. The current 115's that replaced them are streets ahead. Obviously might cost you a little more, but would be well worth it. ProAc are one of the most popular choices with Naim owners at the moment, and have been for a long time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts