Speakers matching with Naim Nait 5i in my room

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Joël Verheyen said:
Okay, so buy some good stands does the trick. What stands did you buy?

I bought the Custom Design F104 and some mass loading material similar to Atabites but a fraction of the cost. Two thirds filled each central column.

But any stand that is rigid enough not to move backwards and forwards when the volume is higher. I found the bass started rocking the old stand and then the bass lost focus as a consequence.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Joël Verheyen said:
Okay, so buy some good stands does the trick. What stands did you buy?

You can try Atacama Nexus speaker stands and fill them with sand or atabites. I use them with my LS50s and they sound really good. I also use some blutak between speakers and stand.

That was the stands I ditched. Nexus 6 but they were about 10 years old. I just couldn't tighten the nuts tight enough to stop the thing rocking back and forwards.

SteveR750

plastic penguin said:
Joël Verheyen said:
Hi guys

I have a Naim Nait 5i amplifier, laptop connected via usb with a Rega Dac, and a pair of monitor audio silver rx6.My setup is looking like the picture (7m x 4m):I don't like the combi of the monitor audio's and the amp, so i'm selling my speakers. The sound is to bright for me, not enough body, sounds flat, ...

The question: what speakers would you recommend for the Naim Nait 5i in the room I live. It's not possible to rotate my setup (I know it would be better), but that's not possible (windows / doors).

Thanks

Joël

Not surprised. I've owned the RS6s and really loved, but paired with Naim is a NO NO. If you don't mind s/hand then PMC GB1is will fit the bill beautifully. Although a floorstander, they are compact and their ATL is front firing, which makes them a little easier to place.

Neat Motive 2 should also hit the spot, as will Dynaudio standmounters.

Good call on the PMCs. I've listened to the SN2 driving various different PMC models, and it sounded pretty damn good!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts