NAD D3020 partner with Q Acoustics 3020

Hi,

I am thinking to go with above budget combinations. I like the form factor of NAD D3020 very much. Regarding speakers, I am thinking about MA Bronze 2 and QA 3020 and Dali Zensor 3- All 5 star ratings.

Sensitivity: Bronze 2: 90db, QA 3020 88db, Dali 88db

Nominal Impedance: Bronze 2: 8ohm, rest 6 ohm

NAD spec: 2 X 30 Watts @ 4 ohm

Can NAD drive these speakers to the fullest performance. I don't doubt class D NAD, but various posts here suggests otherwise.

Room Size: small 12ft X 13ft, intend to listen to in small to medium volume.

Placement: 30cms away from wall. Prefer quality sound over loud boomy music. Primary use will be listening to music(medium volume), ocassionally watching movies and connecting to Tata Sky TV Box.

I have difficulties in personally auditioning the speaker combinations in my region. So I request you to suggest the best possible combination for NAD.

Awaiting reply, thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum. I neither own, nor have heard this combination. Electrically, they match just fine. Please be aware that anyone who owns them is only able to say why they chose them.

In the UK, a Sevenoaks store should carry these brands - I advise you to listen for yourself. The MA will obviously have a slightly higher maximum replay volume, due to the sensitivity you quote.

The 'fullest performance' would probably require a rather better amplifier costing considerably more, but what you are considering is a sensible match.

rainsoothe

nopiano said:
Welcome to the forum. I neither own, nor have heard this combination. Electrically, they match just fine. Please be aware that anyone who owns them is only able to say why they chose them.

In the UK, a Sevenoaks store should carry these brands - I advise you to listen for yourself. The MA will obviously have a slightly higher maximum replay volume, due to the sensitivity you quote.

The 'fullest performance' would probably require a rather better amplifier costing considerably more, but what you are considering is a sensible match.

+1. Audition the NAD with Dali Zensor 3 as well. All three speakers are more then adequate for the NAD and for your needs, imo.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a D3020 in my 2nd system (or is it my 1st?) and I've tried it with a number of speakers although not with the 2 models you mention. I've tried Dali Zensor 3's, QA Concept 20's, Boston Acoustics M25's but by far the best match was with Monitor Audio RX1's. Best thing you can do is audition, all ears and tastes are different.

Thanks Everyone for the reply. I have made some edits in the question. It will be really helpful if you could pick a combination according your personal taste and let me know why you chose the particular combination.

Don't forget, I am looking for a budget system
devil_smile.gif

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS