My Marantz UD7007!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
50" pannys are always the problematic ones - get the 55 its better and you will most likely not want to return it 24 hours later because you didn't take to it ....

As long as it doesn't buzz!
smiley-smile.gif

redbullmaster

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I played my Mysterious Cities of Gold DVDs and the picture was excellent but it played them in 4:3 which I didn't like! It does not do that on my Pioneer. The colours I think are more distinct slightly on the Pioneer, and I think the sound is louder on my Pioneer on bitstream and has more kick to it. Most people would probably love the Marantz but it is still a lot of money. The weight is quite heavy for my stand too and just could not justify it.

Too late now as you have sent it back, but if you had set the aspect ratio to wide in video setting. Mysterious cities of gold would have played in full 16:9 for you, hope this help's someone else. Thought i share this incase you haven't seen it MCOG 2 TRAILER http://vimeo.com/68709614

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm a very proud owner of the Denon 1713UD bluray player and can very easily praise the quality it produces.

I used to own the Denon 2500BT and IMO it improves over this :) don't think there is any need to pay more than £400 - £500 for a good player these days.

D

Deleted member 2457

redbullmaster said:
gel said:
I played my Mysterious Cities of Gold DVDs and the picture was excellent but it played them in 4:3 which I didn't like! It does not do that on my Pioneer. The colours I think are more distinct slightly on the Pioneer, and I think the sound is louder on my Pioneer on bitstream and has more kick to it. Most people would probably love the Marantz but it is still a lot of money. The weight is quite heavy for my stand too and just could not justify it.

Too late now as you have sent it back, but if you had set the aspect ratio to wide in video setting. Mysterious cities of gold would have played in full 16:9 for you, hope this help's someone else. Thought i share this incase you haven't seen it MCOG 2 TRAILER http://vimeo.com/68709614

Cheers for the tip though, I have no idea with the aspect ratio. Seems a strange problem to have, I tried other DVDs and they were fine.

Yep, I have seen the new trailer I joined Facebook so I could see it on their page! Looks really good and the picture looks great. Can't wait to buy it! I nearly bought the first one on Blu-ray last week but it was only in French - not much good really.

Cheers for your links and help.
smiley-smile.gif

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
jase fox said:
richardw42 said:
I've just swapped my Denon 2012 out for a ps3
What on earth for?

:).

To be fair, it is a temporary arrangement. I'll get a Xbox One (maybe ps4) to act as main player.

I did get the Denon for a good discount, but it seems expensive bdps strip the features out. For instance, the only extra feature on the Denon is YouTube, and I had to run an Ethernet cable through the house for this and firmware updates. Even after a fix by Denon it could still be temperament with an admittedly small number of discs.

The ps3 just plays everything. Wireless, gaming, Lovefilm etc etc.

if the other machines weren't on the horizon, I may not have done it.

Also have a Sony S570 in the lounge, which will be going in a home cinema. Again because of all the extra features.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
richardw42 said:
jase fox said:
richardw42 said:
I've just swapped my Denon 2012 out for a ps3
What on earth for?

:).

To be fair, it is a temporary arrangement. I'll get a Xbox One (maybe ps4) to act as main player.

I did get the Denon for a good discount, but it seems expensive bdps strip the features out. For instance, the only extra feature on the Denon is YouTube, and I had to run an Ethernet cable through the house for this and firmware updates. Even after a fix by Denon it could still be temperament with an admittedly small number of discs.

The ps3 just plays everything. Wireless, gaming, Lovefilm etc etc.

if the other machines weren't on the horizon, I may not have done it.

Also have a Sony S570 in the lounge, which will be going in a home cinema. Again because of all the extra features.
Fair does Richard :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Just watched blu ray, first one in ages - I love this blu ray player it's awesome I can't believe you backed it gel, you must be mental

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Just watched blu ray, first one in ages - I love this blu ray player it's awesome I can't believe you backed it gel, you must be mental

smiley-laughing.gif

I didnt take to it. No difference or hardly any between the Oppo though, and more money in my pocket.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I feel the irony of that situation - the cash spare is roughly the amount needed for someone to come in and do a TV Calibration.

After the TV calibration is when you want the UD7007 :)

I know you have your setup your way - and I have mine, and my experiences are different - I still cant belive it in all honesty.

For the Oppo 103 to get a WHF 3 star review they must have been really dissapointed with it - not many players get 3 stars.

Looking at the internals though it looks fantastic - but there is no screening / compartenalisation of the box design like in the UD7007 maybe that is the key. There is in the 105.

I know it won that EISA award - but so did the new Kef Egg replacement for speaker of the year - thats a bold one as well

I would like to try both in my system but but its not going to happen..

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
professorhat said:
ellisdj said:
For the Oppo 103 to get a WHF 3 star review they must have been really dissapointed with it - not many players get 3 stars.

3 stars means average for the price, not disappointing.

In regards to the anticipation / expectation around this player I dont see the difference.

£600 for the 7007 is roughly what I paid. Is a lot for a blu ray in the modern market.

Not as much as this http://www.audiocominternational.com/custom-blu-ray-players/112-oppo-103-signature.html

Although to me that is worth buying as I think it will be awesome !!

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
ellisdj said:

3 stars means average for the price, not disappointing.

It is not better than the Pioneer at £250 so I agree with that bit of the review but it operates better. It is also no worse than the Marantz so I disagree with that bit. But each to their own.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Hey look guys, it is the one I sent back:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-13516-marantz-ud7007-networked-3d-ready-blu-raydvd-player-opened-box-black.aspx

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Hey look guys, it is the one I sent back:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-13516-marantz-ud7007-networked-3d-ready-blu-raydvd-player-opened-box-black.aspx

That is not a bad deal, it is basically brand new, I only used it a couple of times for one day!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts