music while veiwing

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
hi all, didnt get much help last time i posted but got a fresh question which im sure there is someone out there with some advice.

I recently made big changes to my system purchasing the pioneer lx53 reciever and lx54 blueray, the problem im facing now is my music is all computer based and connected to amp via coaxial cable, now sometimes i like to listen to music whilst the football is on the tv, with everything going through my amp this isnt possible, so i know i can take sky box direct to tv and then i can listen to music through amp but then when i want to watch the sky hd through my projector im having to switch a hdmi in it, what i wish to know is am i sorta stuck change the cables around when i want to watch projector or has someone work around this? would be very grateful for some advice, its not the end of the world i either dont listen to music while the tv is on or i have to change some cables about but i thought buying new amp would be an answer to things.

rgds jon c

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Can you use the "Signal Select" button on the receiver's remote control?(I know this is how you would select the audio from co-ax / optical when sky box is plugged in through HDMI, but not sure if it gives you access to the full range of other inputs).

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
hi, thanks for your advice

i was thinking about the same thing maybe assigning hdmi of the sky box to the same as the music, or like you say change the audio signal. will try it

anyone else got any more ides?

A

Anonymous

I have a Yamaha 667 AV Receiver and i usually use the zone out to the Front Presence if I ever want to multi-task my media

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
I have my amp set up to take an audio only signal from the apple tv through the CD input. As long as I have switched to CD directly from watching tv, it leaves the picture on the tv, and takes the sound from the apple tv.

I have my apple tv connected using analogue interconnects for music only (when actually watching something on it, everything goes through the HDMI). Maybe it's something to do with that?

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
i tried my way of reasigning the digital input for audio but that didnt seem to work, maybe because i use coaxial cable for the sound on my skyhd rather than the hdmi maybe changing that is worth trying.

Thanks for the new replies gives me some more ideas of things to try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts