Monster Scart Cables - Are they any good?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Need a Scart lead to hook up an old Sky Digital box to the TV in the spare room and have been offered a Monster Scart lead at a very reasonable price.

My QUESTION .......... are Monster Cables any good (in the grand scheme of things) OR would I be better off paying a bit extra and going for a cable of the likes of the QED Performance type?

I know Scart leads are pretty OLD HAT, but it the only connection type available on the digi box!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Have to say I've always been dubious on Monster leads since I got one which was pretty expensive and made little to no difference (was a Scart cable a long time ago, so can't remember the model). They also always seem to be the cable of choice when someone is attempting to prove cables (of whatever ilk) don't improve performance!

However, it's hard to say in your individual case but I can tell you the QED RGB SQart cable I'm using makes an incredible difference compared to an unbranded cable with my Topfield Freeview box.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I only need a cable of between 0.5m > 1.0m ............. so nothing too taxing for the cable to cope with.

Perhaps I'm being a bit 'tight' just because it's only a SCART that I need .......... I use QED HDMI & Audio cables and definitely do find a difference with them over cheaper cables.

Reason I'm asking is because I was offered a New (but old bankrupt stock) Monster Cable for under a £10 which was marked up at £35 Retail and as it's only for the spare room and will only be used a few times a month when my father stays over to watch his football I'm perhaps cutting a bit of a corner on cost? .......... Perhaps it might be best to splash out on a £35 (1.0m) QED cable after all?

A

Anonymous

Know what you mean regarding 'out of the box' supplied cables ....................... I've a box full of them in the loft ............... NASTY!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, very sensible buy at that price, as would be the Monster at a tenner.

And upthemusic, I reckon almost any 10m S-VHS-to-Scart would be pushing it a bit, quality-wise.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Just make sure the socket can take the weight of the Thor. I use a matchbox on one of mine.

Yes, I appreciate 10m is a little long, I might get away with 9 but needs must. Also, I'm not much of a film buff. TBH mostly I use the TV for news and to see what is on the radio. It'll be connected from Yammy AV amp to a 32 inch CRT. I need 1 step above the pound shop. I'll probably go to Maplin or EBay.

Am I the only person on this forum with CRT as main monitor? It'll be vintage soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts