Monitor Audio Silver RX6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

This is for the review staff who reviewed the new RX6. How much better is the RX6 over the RS6 you gave both 5 stars but with the added improvents how much better is it?

Need to know because i might sell my RS8 to get the new RX8 depending if it is really worth while to do so.

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi whasaaaab,

tbh, i'd wait until we've done a full review of the RX8s before trading in your old models. We'd never encourage you to jump the gun. Although aspects of the design will be similar, RX6s and RX8s are still two different speakers. Needless to say we'll be getting a pair in for review ASAP!

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the fast reply. I shall be waiting for your review, i know there different i have the RS8's right now and they are great but with the new enhancements i wondering.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Whasaaaab - are you finding your RS8's bright or harsh? If not, don't worry. If you are, and have tried a couple of different cables to help but to no avail, then this is where the RX series will come into play. For those that think the RS series is on the bright side, the RX series is much smoother and more listenable. To those who like the RS sound, they will probably find the RX sound a little on the dull side.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:Whasaaaab - are you finding your RS8's bright or harsh? If not, don't worry. If you are, and have tried a couple of different cables to help but to no avail, then this is where the RX series will come into play. For those that think the RS series is on the bright side, the RX series is much smoother and more listenable. To those who like the RS sound, they will probably find the RX sound a little on the dull side.

Does that mean the RX's will be more compatible to say the so called brighter Pioneer etc Receivers ?

A

Anonymous

I think they sound great i also have a pioneer receiver SC-05 elite. the sound is good i have great cables ultralink platinum bi wire cables

EXCELSIOR 2.4© MkIIBI-WIRE SPEAKER CABLE

Geometry: Time-AlignedT, Dual-GaugeT directionally balanced twisted-pairs
Gauge: 4 x 11 AWG
Conductor: Cryogenically-treated, ultra-high purity, Lab-Grade 6N copper
Dielectric: Ultra-low capacitance, Teflon© dielectric insulation
Outer Jacket: TechFlex© protective outer braid
Termination: 24K direct gold-plated pure copper Spades or Bananas

which help tame the RS8. When i was looking for cables i was recomemded these from a reliable source over a lot of other brands. He works in the hi fi world for many years. before buying i always ask him, but right now he does nt have much info on RX8 as yet since they just came out in canada.

Have you compared the RX and the RS 8's

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:Yes :)

Thanks David. I fancy the VSA LX-52 and had discounted the RS8's due to incompatibility (from what I'd read). Now the RX8's may be on from what you say.

Have you tried them (RX8) with the LX-52 yet.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure whether the LX52 has this feature as I've not yet tried one, but the LX81 had a nice little feature called X-Curve. This allowed the treble of all speakers to be boosted or cut by the same amount - so if you room was quite reflective, maybe bare walls and laminated floors, you could pretty much turn the whole system's treble down until the brightness disappeared. It worked a treat in one of our demo rooms. So don't discount the RS series based on this. You're better off cutting treble rather than boosting it.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:I'm not sure whether the LX52 has this feature as I've not yet tried one, but the LX81 had a nice little feature called X-Curve. This allowed the treble of all speakers to be boosted or cut by the same amount - so if you room was quite reflective, maybe bare walls and laminated floors, you could pretty much turn the whole system's treble down until the brightness disappeared. It worked a treat in one of our demo rooms. So don't discount the RS series based on this. You're better off cutting treble rather than boosting it.

That sounds very useful. I guess there is a switch of some sort. Is a sound meter reqd, or adjust to personal hearing?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
So having not heard the Rx6 , but almost feeling I did....the treble is less metalic and more controled...on the bass, say compared to the rs6, is it more controled? a bit less in you face? I'd sure like that.

A

Anonymous

I've enquired David, and the LX-52 does have the X-Curve facility.

Will be interesting to hear it with the RS6 or 8's.
emotion-11.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ear:X curve? maybe separate equalizer for the various speakers? some amps have thatIt acts like an equaliser, but affects all speakers by the same amount, so cuts or boosts the treble equally.

A

Anonymous

Hey!

What speaker cable do you recommend for RX6 & Marantz PM7003 setup ?

Chord Carnival Silverscreen Bi-Wire does the job fine? As Marantz playing soft, more bass needed.

Thx!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts