Looking for a Arcam cd192

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am in the market for a Arcam 192 cd player.

Anyone seen any good deals on them? 

Unless anyone thinks the arcam can be bettered ? 

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/store/southeast/brighton/3443/content.aspx

Try this, have owned one for about 5 months, outstanding player

A

Anonymous

cool thanks i will take a look,what equipment do you have?

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Audiolab 8000q pre amp 2 x Rotel RB971 power amps used as monoblocs, ProAc tablette 2000 speakers. Gives a fairly detailed sound, no harshness which is good.

A

Anonymous

Wow!

ÿ

You all have such good kit!

Arcam DV88,Denon avr2803,Sony mini disc recorder,Quad 21l speakers,Qed speaker cable,mordaunt short centre speaker ,mission surrounds.

ÿ

I also want to add a ampliflier for music as well as the arcam cd player.

As the quad speakers are great!ÿ

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Can you specify a budget at all so we can aim comments accordingly ?

Assuming you go for the Arcam 192 at the current bargain prices you could match an Arcam amp which should gell well - i got the FMJ A32 which is a great model in my opinion and it is also discounted at present.

Another good amp that should also start going for good prices is the Roksan Kandy for similar new model reasons. It is highly thought of by WHF Magazine.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Ive just bought but am still waiting for mine (cd192) from as advised sevenoaks. Your best bet is from their ebay store thru paypal as sevenoaks do not take card payments over the phone. They do not quote the postage as it depends where you are i guess so they put it on the ebay invoice. Cost me another £19 but to be honest a brand new with warranty circa £1000 disc spinner has got to be good. Just thought i may be of help.

A

Anonymous

Hi all and thanks for the welcomed advice.

I have now decided to put on hold due to funds going elsewhere.

So i may consider award winning Marantz,but to be honest its killing me not being able to get the arcam.

Thanks all.

ÿ

Great chatting to everyone!

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

chef, dont underestimate your DV88 as a disc spinner. i have both the DV88 and the DV88 PLUS and both are extremely capable players! i use to have a CD72T and both 88's were miles ahead in sonic ability.
im sure the cd192 would be an improvement but how much is the big?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chefsmusic:
Hi all and thanks for the welcomed advice.

I have now decided to put on hold due to funds going elsewhere.

So i may consider award winning Marantz,but to be honest its killing me not being able to get the arcam.

Thanks all.

ÿ

Great chatting to everyone!

ÿ

ÿ

I would really try your DV88 with a stereo amp first - you will be astounded by the difference.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:chef, dont underestimate your DV88 as a disc spinner. i have both the DV88 and the DV88 PLUS and both are extremely capable players! i use to have a CD72T and both 88's were miles ahead in sonic ability.

The CD192 is well ahead of my DV79 for music reproduction.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:chef, dont underestimate your DV88 as a disc spinner. i have both the DV88 and the DV88 PLUS and both are extremely capable players! i use to have a CD72T and both 88's were miles ahead in sonic ability.

The CD192 is well ahead of my DV79 for music reproduction.

Thing is Joel, he is listening to his DV88 using a fairly old AV receiver. Wouldn't you agree that adding a stereo amp would improve things massively?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:Yes but he mentions he wants to change the CD and the amp

But he ended up saying that he might now get the award winning Marantz (I'm assuming CD6002) instead as he can't afford the 192. I just think that if he changed him amp first, it might be enough for him. The DV88 would be as good if not better than the Marantz.

TRENDING THREADS