LG 55EA980W Owners Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I have had it since Tuesday now and I have to say it is a fantastic TV. It's as bright as an LED and as black as a plasma if not darker slightly. Motion is perfect no issues, just as good as a plasma. I've watched about 8 Blu-rays now and all are impressive. The size takes a little getting used to. I've had a few headaches from the size of it. It's hard to criticise to be honest. The speakers sound great, really loud and clear. It goes on my stand perfect.

I would like to upload some pictures but Flickr seems to have changed its account again! My pictures are there I just can't highlight them, any ideas? It is pretty similar to a plasma but with the LED look too. I am thinking about getting the Pioneer BDP-LX58 so I can do 3D too, I have 4 pairs of 3D glasses with it. Any questions fire away. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Pioneer LX58 sounds good. Hopefully the price will drop slightly in the run up to Christmas.
Yep, I think £400 sounds fair. *smile*

You may want to check out Oppo 103D with its Darbee processing. I think you will like Darbee. Check this:

http://hometheater.about.com/od/dvdplayerrecorderreviews/ss/OPPO-BDP-103D-Darbee-Edition-Blu-ray-Disc-Player-Photo-Illustrated-Review_11.htm

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
It's your blu ray player that'll do the Darbee processing. It is unaffected by calibration.
Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

I barely notice the curve either, I like it. Now £1900!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I've just been reading a few reviews etc on OLED vs 4K, and my conclusion is that OLED is definitely the better product, but I just have the feeling that the cost of production will mean that 4K will eventually win. I hope I'm wrong.

If I can earn some good money from now until Xmas, I may be tempted to buy one of these if the price comes down to below £1500.

Is BB having your Pana?

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I've just been reading a few reviews etc on OLED vs 4K, and my conclusion is that OLED is definitely the better product, but I just have the feeling that the cost of production will mean that 4K will eventually win. I hope I'm wrong.

If I can earn some good money from now until Xmas, I may be tempted to buy one of these if the price comes down to below £1500.

Is BB having your Pana?
Yep, BB is.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I didn't think they were anywhere near with 4K OLED, but I guess I was wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28926795

I think 4K OLED is the long term future for certain, but in the immediate future it looks like a direct choice between an LED 4K tv, and a 1080p OLED tv, and I'll be going for the OLED every time.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I should think it's absolutely stunning with 4K content.

So are Samsung withdrawing from the OLED market and concentrating on 4K LED?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Did I read somewhere that LG will be producing panels for all the other tv manufacturers that want one, though Samsung are refusing to buy panels from them?

LG also is in the business of selling TV panels to other manufacturers. Whoever wants to buy it, LG will sell it to them. Samsung won't buy anything from LG for obvious reasons. Panasonic showed off its OLED prototype recently with an LG panel. A couple of Chinese TV manufacturers have also confirmed OLED TVs with LG panels.

I think Samsung's dominance in this sector will be in trouble if it doesn't pull up its socks together to mass produce OLED panels soon.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

LG have obviously mastered the production of these panels then.

I'm sure I also read somewhere that someone was trying to produce OLED panels using 3D printers. Is that true, or was it an elaborate hoax?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts