KETTLE POWER LEAD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just read Hughs post Whats wrong with this image, using a 50p cable for £500 speakers.

This reminds me of reading a recent post on another hi -fi forum, where a guy who had a very good hi end system compared a kettle connecting power lead, to his Nordost Vallhalla power lead, AND COULD NOT HEAR ANY DIFFERENCE, this guy was no fool he was always trying to improve his system and honestly commented on his findings.

I kid you not, rubbish hmmmmm what do you guys out there think ??

I personally have heard subtle differences in expensive cables,and feel the cost is not comparable with the scale of difference.

You wonder sometimes whether the difference is just that and not an improvement, and there is always the placebo effect.

Love to hear your comments guys and whether someone out there did get nirvana when swopping cables.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I was lucky enough to buy my Arcam Alpha 9 system (integrated, power amp and CDP) all with Russ Andrews power cables

BUT

I also had the original 'kettle leads' as well.

I swapped them round and no difference what so ever so i sold the Russ Andrews ones on eBay!

IMO waste of £££ but as i always say; everyones hearing is different! BUT... It may be the high end systems that a difference can be heard but id still have to be won over!

A

Anonymous

A highly contentious topic. I've used Russ Andrews PowerMax Plus cables on all of my A/V equipment and in my opinion (sound and visual), the difference was easily more noticeable with my home cinema system rather than my hi-fi.

Images were much better and the ocaasional spikes that came with the regular channels dissapeared.

A

Anonymous

I use whatever comes to hand. Think the rice cooker lead is currently connected to the amp.

A

Anonymous

Tarquinh:I use whatever comes to hand. Think the rice cooker lead is currently connected to the amp.

Thanks Tarquinh, now wheres that Argos number ??

A

Anonymous

robborollover:
Just read Hughs post Whats wrong with this image, using a 50p cable for £500 speakers.

This reminds me of reading a recent post on another hi -fi forum, where a guy who had a very good hi end system compared a kettle connecting power lead, to his Nordost Vallhalla power lead, AND COULD NOT HEAR ANY DIFFERENCE, this guy was no fool he was always trying to improve his system and honestly commented on his findings.

I kid you not, rubbish hmmmmm what do you guys out there think ??

I personally have heard subtle differences in expensive cables,and feel the cost is not comparable with the scale of difference.

You wonder sometimes whether the difference is just that and not an improvement, and there is always the placebo effect.

Love to hear your comments guys and whether someone out there did get nirvana when swopping cables.

The mains cable thing is cashing in on the lack of knowledge of the general public. It doesn't carry the signal, only the mains, so how can it alter the sound?

A

Anonymous

I use a Russ powermax for my amp and Silvermann power cable for my CDP....however I got both free! One with a magazine subscription and the other with a recent speaker purchase from Audio-T :)

The way I see it, its like a leak in a boat. I just want to be 100% sure that i've plugged all my leaks!

I'd still like to do a back2back some time though.
However, they do say it depends on the quality of your mains cabling in the house and other factors as to whether you can observe a difference...or is that just an excuse :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your replies so far, im coming round to the opinion of ashworth-rich the magnitude of difference is how good your mains cabling is and whats plugged in to notice the difference of your power leads.

Cannot imagine a hi- magazine advocating a kettle lead tho, can you imagine.... now was it the Russel Hobbs, Morphy Rchards, or Tefal, that improved the soundstage there !!!!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Amazing isn't it?

Imagine, some idiots believe a £3000 CD player sounds better than the drive found in an old Binatone music centre.

A laser is a laser, zeros and ones are just the same zeros and ones no matter what the player costs. It's only data and it cannot be corrupted.

Bell wire is just as good as the finest Chord speaker cable. So long as it conducts electricity what's the difference?

There is absolutely no discernible difference between a £250 amp and a £2500 amp of the same power output. Their specifications look identical near as dammit. The human ear cannot possibly tell one from the other.

All a turntable has to do is rotate a record at 33.33 or 45 RPM. So given that, why bother spending out on expensive ones?

By the time a person has reached middle age the frequency range of their ears is so reduced that they could not possibly tell the difference between listening to music through a telephone or a pair of £1000 Grados.

A

Anonymous

Tear Drop:I've heard the Valhallas and I'd rather have the kettle leads.

Well there you have it in a nutshell, thanks Tear Drop, and have you seen Nordost at the shows comparing cables with theirs dont

think they used a kettle one tho, although I must say I was in their dem room and did hear some improvements over others.......or

was my mind playing tricks ??!!

Messiah

chebby:Amazing isn't it?

Imagine, some idiots believe a £3000 CD player sounds better than the drive found in an old Binatone music centre.

A laser is a laser, zeros and ones are just the same zeros and ones no matter what the player costs. It's only data and it cannot be corrupted.

Bell wire is just as good as the finest Chord speaker cable. So long as it conducts electricity what's the difference?

There is absolutely no discernible difference between a £250 amp and a £2500 amp of the same power output. Their specifications look identical near as dammit. The human ear cannot possibly tell one from the other.

All a turntable has to do is rotate a record at 33.33 or 45 RPM. So given that, why bother spending out on expensive ones?

By the time a person has reached middle age the frequency range of their ears is so reduced that they could not possibly tell the difference between listening to music through a telephone or a pair of £1000 Grados.

Positive post as always Chebby!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input Chebby, is this irony or for real not sure as I see you are actually using Chord cables!!.

Surely not............. and stop calling me shirley....... irony lols !!

A

Anonymous

At least one amplifier and speaker manufacturer plus several reviewers would thoroughly agree with Chebby. He is right about hearing, too. I'm partly deaf in one ear, but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying the music even though I know I'm missing out on perhaps a lot.

And think of the money I'm saving on exotic cables because of my deafness!

A

Anonymous

I agree, I borrowed a friends Russ Andrews leads and couldn't tell the difference. ÿHowever I was stunned by the difference the Tacima CS929 made, so the power obviously has some effect on quality.

ÿRe Chebby's comment about turn tables, the quality of the bearing must have some influence on noise transmission, mustn't it?ÿ

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:And anyway, most kettles these days don't use kettle leads - they have a captive lead on the base, onto which the kettle fits for boiling.

Pedants of the world unite!

A

Anonymous

Tear Drop:Andrew Everard:And anyway, most kettles these days don't use kettle leads - they have a captive lead on the base, onto which the kettle fits for boiling.
Pedants of the world unite!

Did someone say they couldnt see hi - fi magazines reviewing russell hobbs kettle power leads, well there we have it !!!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:And anyway, most kettles these days don't use kettle leads - they have a captive lead on the base, onto which the kettle fits for boiling.

We could start a kettlephile thread?

I personally like this one. The water gets hotter, nice lines etc.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site

And we know those kettle bases make much better contacts than IEC plugs. Whenever will those audio manufacturers start using them?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts