KETTLE POWER LEAD

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

To start the ball rolling ,ÿ

http://consumerist.com/362926/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables

Anyone else got any links to blind tests carried out ?

A

Anonymous

ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:i found that aftermarket leads don make a difference - even in an entry level system. i didnt go for the big-name brands instead i bought high spec cables from an ebay shop for much less money that the big names would charge for the same specs. i am very happy with the cables and the difference in sound they make. i also have a mains conditioner and that also makes a difference to my systems performance - again this is a BT mains conditioner not a russ andrews or isotek etc.

i dont understand how these things affect my systems sound but i can HEAR the difference they make. no one is fleecing me out of my hard earned cash like some narrow-minded individuals would have you believe. if i could hear any difference i would have just sold them on...

just think to yourself - all the professional hifi reviewers and many thousands of consumers who say these products DO make a difference - can they all be wrong?

If it works for you personally - cool, if not - don't buy them/send them back after trial/get money back! Simple.

Silver kettle not copper by the way!
emotion-5.gif

John Duncan

drumlins4ever:It really annoys me that this debate has been going on for so long now yet none of these companies will conduct blind test's to try and resolve the matter once and for all.

But f they did, they'd be accused of rigging it.

Anyway, WHF do double blind tests......

If I remember correctly, I think WHF in a test done about 3 years ago, they commented that it all depends on the area you live. Some areas have a purer, cleaner electricity source. Many people will hear a difference, but if your current is strong the difference is minimal.

I have a high-end kettle cord
emotion-8.gif
That reminds me, I must have a cuppa.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Here you go - 18 tests, all conducted using blind ABX testing.

And i'll second - as we do with anything - the try before you buy approach. With money-back guarantees available, it's an even easier move.

Whats the procedure for conducting these tests ?, i take anyone who is listening does not change the cables themselves , do you also factor in a red herring ? a cheapo cable say.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
visionary:I wonder if things sound better if you use "green" energy
emotion-4.gif

No, but you may have to increase the red and blue on your TV a little to compensate.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:pioneer7:To all those people that are not sure about Mains leads, i think the best advice is [GULP] Errmm is try and buy a lead from a supplier that will give a 30-60 day refund, then if you feel there is a benefit keep said cable if not get a refund no harm done, for me they do work, and with out spending silly money, but for others they dont. i worry that that might be too sensible a suggestion for some...

emotion-3.gif

Ooh, currants...mmm...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Yes, dear?

Oh, dear, what can the matter be...

Ahem. no, i shall probably recover by the time the weekend's out.

its the only sane response sometimes tho.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
do you ever find yourself wondering:

why we don't spend our time listening to, or watching, all this expensive kit we buy instead of sitting at our computers spouting what, in the case of this thread certainly, can best be described as twaddle?

Isn't there anything on this afternoon, or is it quiet at work (my excuse)?

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I think it is important to have debates on matters that are close to members and readers hearts, where else could you get unbias advice and help without things getting silly and out of hand.
Now wheres that HDMI thread

O and good afternoon mr Everard a members.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
LOL-LOL No listen, ok i have just made a cuppa in kettle [well you would]and it tasted divine LOL no listen but i have saved myself a fortune, i made it on the Hob [gas]and it was better than the one made with an expensive lead, plus i got a whistle thrown in as well, so there you have it.LOL

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard

Are you paid to trawl the internet searching out photos with which to make your witty observations? It's good to see that Haymarkets money is being well spent. keep it up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts