Kef 2005.3 in 7.1 - Speaker placement

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm about to run cables for my 2005.3s with an extra 2 speakers to make it 7.1

Whilst I know where to position them, as they are directional, how important is the height?

The reason I went for these speakers is because of the size and the fact that I can "hide" them at ceiling level which as the place is very old, the height is just shy of 9ft.

I know that they should be ear height for the fronts and a little higher than ear height for the surrounds so is this too high, obviously, the centre speaker won't be up there, that'll be in the usual place, under the wall mounted TV.

Thanks!

Craig

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I've got the same speakers in a 5.1 config and have put them under the picture rail at about 71/2 - 8ft and angled the speakers (4) towards the listening position. I personally do not have any issues with the sound and although I might get a theoretical improvement if they were put at ear level ,it isn't an option so I am not going to try.

Worth trying to see if you can get sufficient downward angle at 9 ft because mine are at their absolute downward pointing angle but mine are 2005.2 and I think (could be wrong) that the .3's have an improved mount taken from the 3005's. Whatever ,do not use banana plugs at the speaker end cos the chances are then you will get no downward angle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts