Kandy CDP + CD-R = NOTHING....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Why oh why don't CD-Rs work in my Kandy III CDP? I have CD-Rs from three, four, five plus years ago that work fine but any I've bought in the last two years simply won't read. Is this because the newer disks are 700MB 80min and the older ones are a more compatible 650MB 74min? Does anyone else have this problem with their CDP? I have many coasters and car copies...

A

Anonymous

Yes! My Arcam CD73 will read cr@appy old discs I've burnt, but not one I created on thursday that was half decent. I used WMP both times! The funny thing is, my old 90s Denon will read them no problem. Hmm....

A

Anonymous

CD-Rs work perfectly fine on my Kandy. I use Roxio to burn CDs (for my car) and presently am using JVC CD-R 80 (assuming this is the 80mins) blank discs. But my Kandy is WELL sensitive. I've had to buy about a dozen new CDs that skipped but were previously fine on my last CDP.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, the CDs are fine on pretty much every single other CDP I've tried, including the Rega Apollo recently. Annoying. I've noticed that the Kandy is very sensitive to CD quality in general, i.e. dust, scratches, etc. I presume they don't have a lot of error correction in the design, which is good if the disk is clean. I like the Apollo's approach of scanning the disk to determine the level of error correction before playing.

Well, I'll just have to waste more money on different CD-R disks as I'm not changing my Kandy for a while yet....although the Naim Nait 5i and CDP is tempting....

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I record all my CD-R's at the lowest speed that my burner supports as I was finding that CD's would skip if written at the highest speed. Don't really understand why.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
I had that problem when burning at high speed so dropped to medium and its been ok.Am using Pinnacle software to burn with.Try also disabling your screensaver if you have one running and try not to use the computer for anything else while burning.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the responses all. I've tried doing a copy at lowest speed & disk at once but still no luck. I must be missing something really fundamental here. I'm going to try a lower capacity disk and some different software to Nero. I reckon I'm better off borrowing a stack of copied CDs from a few friends to see if any work.

A

Anonymous

My Marantz CD5000 wouldn't play any CD-R's, the same cd's play perfectly on my current player. It's very odd to say the least.

A

Anonymous

Igglebert, did you try different brands of cd-r's? Some players can be fussy about that too, besides the way they were burned , changing to a different burn program can sometimes fix it.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for responding. Yeah, I've tried about four different types so far and I'm accumulating too many disks! I've got about four copies of the new Stars album....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts