Just snagged a used pair of KEF LS50s. o/

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Just snagged a barely used pair from someone that preferred the R300s. Less than 1 month old and 33% off retail, sweet! I've got a soft spot for KEF. I've owned several over the years. Reference 103/3s around 1990 and later Model 3s. So glad that KEF decided to make a statement speaker for the everyman rather than a cost no object monitor. Can't wait to hear them. Will post more when they arrive (probably late next week). :bounce:

Hi jaxwired

Nice one
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Has anyone ever noticed how this emoticon "o/" which I assume to mean hands up in emoti-language, could also be an emoticon meaning "my wife's in labour"?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
helpmeimdrowning said:
Has anyone ever noticed how this emoticon "o/" which I assume to mean hands up in emoti-language, could also be an emoticon meaning "my wife's in labour"?

Given your name, it could be your own personal emoticon.....but with 4 kids, I'm with you all the way!!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
Jax, you seem to change your speakers quite frequently... only noticed you haven't got the PMC's any more either, thought you loved them!

Guilty as charged. And, yes, I loved the PMC OB1is. They are my favorite speaker of all the speakers I have owned, period. Unfortunately, I also care about aesthetics and I never liked the way they looked. They didn't fit the room. I know, it's a cardinal sin to trade sound for looks, but it bugged me and PMC has no modern looking speakers in the i series. As for the LS50s, they are not intended to replace my Dynaudio 340s, but I never say never. Here's a pic of how much nicer the Dyns look in my system...

DSC_0004-1.jpg

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Preferred the look of the PMCs myself, but its much of a muchness really.

Whatever makes you happy. I use an all in one and one of the main reasons for choosing my speakers was the look and how they fit in the living room.

Look forward to your thoughts on the Kefs.
Preferences§1234567890-=BackspaceTabqwertyuiop[]Returncapslockasdfghjkl;'shift`zxcvbnm,./shiftEnglishDeutschEspañolFrançaisItalianoPortuguêsРусскийaltaltPreferences

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Interesting to note you have a NAD M2 Jax, which I believe is Class D amplification. So far, I have preferred the sound of the LS50's with Class D amplification - with Pioneer's A50 and A70, and my own Rotel RB1575. Some may feel it removes a little bit of warmth and emotion from the LS50's that Class A/B provides, but to my ears, Class D amplification just highlights some of the LS50's greatest strengths - clean, clear, precise.

I'm looking forward to trying them with the Primare I22 and I32 Class D amplifiers.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Interesting to note you have a NAD M2 Jax, which I believe is Class D amplification. So far, I have preferred the sound of the LS50's with Class D amplification - with Pioneer's A50 and A70, and my own Rotel RB1575. Some may feel it removes a little bit of warmth and emotion from the LS50's that Class A/B provides, but to my ears, Class D amplification just highlights some of the LS50's greatest strengths - clean, clear, precise.

I'm looking forward to trying them with the Primare I22 and I32 Class D amplifiers.

David, have you heard them on any of the Musical Fidelity amps?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Not yet, but currently we only have the M1 series here. We will more than likely get the M6 range in shortly.

Look forward to your thoughts on this......should be a good match "on paper".

A

Anonymous

[Post removed for third time by Mods - please read the House Rules]

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I'm keeping all three pairs of mine - performing awesomely! And so far, no negative feedback from those who have heard them in our less than perfect demo room :)

What amp?

I am sure these can sound suberb in the right room with the right amplification.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts