Just bought a Rega RP1 and have two questions...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Always worth while checking that your post has actually appeared before going away, especially on this lousy forum, but going by your average so far, it'll be 2017 before you reply to this :grin:

starkiller

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I guess so:wall:

Let's try again..

1. Anyone know the recommended load impedence for the Carbon cartridge? My integrated has two settings, 47 k-ohms 220pF and 47 k-ohms330pF. I know i can try both and hear which one I prefer but was wondering what is recommended.

2. Anyone use the mat included with the Performance Pack or do they use something else?

thanks--again

starkiller said:
1. Anyone know the recommended load impedence for the Carbon cartridge? My integrated has two settings, 47 k-ohms 220pF and 47 k-ohms330pF. I know i can try both and hear which one I prefer but was wondering what is recommended.

thanks--again

the impedance will be 47 Kohms. The capacitance may make little difference, as it is very spec dependent. Knowing Rega, they probably will say it makes no difference and they don't bother mentioning on their website. Their own Brio amp says it is 220 pF input so I think it is wise to choose that.

If it does make a difference audibly it will be on the high treble, so try listening with a splashy recording, maybe something with regular cymbal sound.

TRENDING THREADS