itunes movies to DVD?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I'm pondering using itunes to download movies, but don't want to part with hard-earned I could spend on the equivalent DVD unless quality is decent. Also, is there any way of burning movies from Itunes to DVD, in the way I could burn music I download onto a CD? Watching movies on a laptop is all very well, but I'd far rather watch them on, say, an actual telly... Opinions please people.

A

Anonymous

Apple TV would appeal, but for the fact I'm still using my trusty CRT telly, which has no component or HDMI inputs. I'm aware there's plenty of ways to get a hold of DVDs over the web, the appeal of itunes is it's (kind of) instant. I can sit here of a Saturday evening and say "hey, I know, I want to see Cloverfield" or whatever, and can do so that night. What I want to know is, can I download it onto DVD to watch on a decent sized screen in surround sound, or would it be confined to the laptop?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, but not one we'd encourage of course, JD
emotion-1.gif

John Duncan

kennyg76:Apple TV would appeal, but for the fact I'm still using my trusty CRT telly, which has no component or HDMI inputs. I'm aware there's plenty of ways to get a hold of DVDs over the web, the appeal of itunes is it's (kind of) instant. I can sit here of a Saturday evening and say "hey, I know, I want to see Cloverfield" or whatever, and can do so that night. What I want to know is, can I download it onto DVD to watch on a decent sized screen in surround sound, or would it be confined to the laptop?

It's dolby surround, not 5.1, by the way, and a comparison on the web suggests that the films are not DVD quality. I like the 'instant' aspect, certainly, but only to watch on PC - it's not very instant to burn a DVD..........

I will investigate burning (purely for research purposes obviously).

A

Anonymous

Sounds like my initial doubts were well-placed. I've seen a few folk reviewing films on itunes complain about the price. Even older films like Reservoir Dogs are £6.99 - what's the point in charging that kind of premium for a product everyone's seen a hundred times? And for lower quality than you can have on DVD, which is probably cheaper. I like the idea of the convenience, but it sounds like the product isn't quite there yet.

A

Anonymous

By the by, Virgin don't cover our area but they do spend big bucks putting great big advertising hoardings for their cable service up outside our local Sainsburys.
emotion-42.gif

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
The gadget show did a Apple TV vs Bluray comparison recently, and to download a movie (albeit in HD) took well over 4 hours over their rather decent internet connection.

Not exactly instant...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts