is poor sd quality a trade off?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
looking into the purchase of a 46 or 50 1080p tv but after investigation i find that while hd content is fantastic sky sd or freeview are only ok at best, is this the price we have to pay for large screen hd or is there a compromise. I looked at panasonic th50pz81,samsung 6 series and sony w4500

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
It's obvious that a normal broadcast blown up to big flatscreen size is not going to look like on a 32" CRT. Having said that some are better than others. My Kuro really has a very decent picture via built-in-freeview tuner, better than SD on my Sky HD box, though substituting the supplied HDMI lead with something a bit more substantial did make an improvement.

I believe Toshiba is doing a new range of LCD's which apparently upscale SD to something approaching HD. I haven't seen one so can't comment though.

regards

A

Anonymous

Im shocked to hear that you found it poor on plasma! Not shocked at all to hear that about LCD mind you.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I've had my 50pz80 for just over 2 weeks now and prior to purchase I was very concerned about SD but after lengthy audition in shop my fears were alleviated. Having lived with it for this time (5 days with V+ ) I'm very pleased with SD PQ while not as perfect as my 32" CRT it is completely watchable and the difference between 32 & 50 is substantial

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts