Int amp choices for ATC SCM 11 or 19

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

igglebert:
emotion-1.gif
Cool. I thought it sounded rather odd! Enjoy the SCMs, excellent kit. Also enjoy the Harbeths, stunning kit
emotion-5.gif

The harbeths are always going to be there! there is something about them that is hard to get from other speakers.

The SCM 19s will be my first ATCs so we shall see how it goes.

I had PMC, Proac and Spendors before. I've always liked the British speakers, the way they are voiced.

nolitan:

Hi Rick,

Any chance you have tried digital amps with the ATCs ?

One I was looking at are the ones by Bel Canto Designs.

http://www.soundstage.com/equipment/bel_canto_ref500.htm

http://www.belcantodesign.com/prodrev.php?cat=2

http://www.belcantodesign.com/Belcanto_Digital_Amplifiers.html

Regards

Noli

Hi Noli

Please try the Bel Canto amps to see if you like them with the ATC's. If you want the ultimate in power delivery and control from an amp (and ones that also happen to use non conventional power supplies) than possibily the finest around is amplification from Chord Electronics which you may want to also consider. I have quite a few clients successfully using Chord Electronics amplification with ATC speakers.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

thanks for the recommendation of the sia-150.

As far as this int amp in concern, can this drive the higher models of the atc line like the scm40 or the scm 20 passive ?

many thanks!

nolitan:

thanks for the recommendation of the sia-150.

As far as this int amp in concern, can this drive the higher models of the atc line like the scm40 or the scm 20 passive ?

many thanks!

Hi Noli

Yes, the SIA2-150 MK2 can easily power the SCM40 and the SCM20's. It can also power and perform superby with the massive SCM150's.

The SIA2-150 MK2 is the safest bet.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick! I'll seriously consider that Int amp.

does this int amp work well with other speakers ?

Any reviews I can read on-line.

Many thanks!

nolitan:

Thanks Rick! I'll seriously consider that Int amp.

does this int amp work well with other speakers ?

Any reviews I can read on-line.

Many thanks!

Hi noli

Your welcome.

I have yet to come across a speaker that the SIA2-150 MK1/MK2 has not worked well with. There is a rightness about sound of the SIA2-150 MK2 that is just addictive. ATC well and truly hit the bullseye with this amp. ATC inspires confidence.
emotion-1.gif

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/ATC-SIA-2-150/

Btw, where are you based?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice on the sia-150. I travel around. Half of the year is in California, half of the year in Asia.

A

Anonymous

Calaf MK1 ..... 200 Watt per channel integrated ... ebay item 140370889821 ... buy it now of £995 with 12 month warranty .... This Consonance has received good reviews

nolitan:

thanks for the advice on the sia-150. I travel around. Half of the year is in California, half of the year in Asia.

Hi Noli

Your welcome.

If you are ever in my part of the world than please drop by.
emotion-1.gif

Have a Happy New Year.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:nolitan:

Hi Noli

Your welcome.

emotion-1.gif

Have a Happy New Year.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick,

Which part of the world are you in ?

Noli

nolitan:MUSICRAFT:nolitan:

Hi Noli

Your welcome.

emotion-1.gif

Have a Happy New Year.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick,

Which part of the world are you in ?

Noli

Hi Noli

Musicraft is based in Derby, England.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft