Indulgence show 2017 (Tomorrow)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
I've just come back from it too. Listening to this track called eye in the sky by the Alan parsons project, pmc were playing

A great track from a great Album.....which I bought on Vinyl back in the Day and now have on CD.

I also have Vulture Culture and Ammonia Avenue.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Sorry mate I didnt see JBL's - I was under it trying to cover as much as poss.

First coverage video is here

More being done now

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Coverage Video 2

Audioquest headphones and DragonFly

Also turns out I have a twin brother that works fform Audioquest - what are the odds....

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
This is going to sound silly but I was so switched on to making the videos I actually didnt pay much attention to anything. So I only have little clips in my mind of what really stood out. I will do a write up once all the vids are done

I think I demod the semi open ones amazingly comfortable they stretch over your head rather than clamp on it. It was ok sound wise but I would need to have them on for longer and would like to because they were so comfortable

I think about another 10 or so vids really worked hard

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
That was my first audio show :)

Was hoping that qacoustics would demo their concept 500's at the show. One brand iam keen to see doing well.

The audio and video clarity in your vids is amazing. Especially the video in this show. Absolutely no loss of resolution when you zoom in. Lovely work :)
Must be using some great kit there :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks newlash i have got some really good demo vids coming.
What's funny is the amount of times I was filming and people came and sat right down in front of me.
With people behind seeing it and laughing.
Happened to me in the pmc room which is a shame as I was filing the new 26 range I think with avm was sounding mega.
Hope I got enough before the bloke did that. 20 seats free and he sits in front of me filming...

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
How some folks are so blind to other camera's in the room :)

But seriously, I got off my boat today, and started watching your videos. The audio clarity via my head phones is awesome. And I could actually make out the difference's in audio between the b&w diamonds and marten birds :)

That microphone used for recording must be very good to be able to catch all those small nuances in sound :)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Looked at the jbls?
Can't believe this (temper tantrums)

Possible game changers with 500w a side and compression drivers
And everyone goes and looks at same old ****.

Rant over

Nice videos Ellis but still pissed you never went to JBL

It's all about me

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I didn't even see them there.
I thought I covered the majority of the main rooms and a chunk of the small bedrooms. They was very hard to film in.

I dont know how I missed them but there must have been a section I missed somehow.

Its across several floors and not easy to track everything sorry dude

Some of the kit available for photography/video enthusiasts these days is fantastic....Panasonic especially with their gh series of micro fourthirds camera's are excellent at video/sound even my little olympus omd em5 mkii isn't half bad......if we were talking value for money and pound for pound against hi-fi kit......the photography industry wins hands down....just so much competition and smaller sensor camera's aren't a million miles away from full frame in terms of image quality........oh dear this is a hi-fi forum lol.I forget where I am.

Ps.Ellis loved your vid and enjoying your other reviews.....subscriber.

I'll be posting up some pics on my Facebook feed today - mainly because it's quick and easy (unlike this site) and I've got very little available memory to keep them on my phone, so it'll be upload then delete. I posted some of the two Auden Distribution rooms yesterday (Amphion, CAAS Audio, M2Tech etc).

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Some of the kit available for photography/video  enthusiasts these days is fantastic....Panasonic especially with their gh series of micro fourthirds camera's are excellent at video/sound even my little olympus omd em5 mkii isn't half bad......if we were talking value for money and  pound for pound against hi-fi kit......the photography industry wins hands down....just so much competition and smaller sensor camera's aren't a million miles away from full frame in terms of image quality........oh dear this is a hi-fi forum lol.I forget where I am. 

Ps.Ellis loved your vid and enjoying your other reviews.....subscriber.

Thanks Mark appreciate the support.

I am using a sony 4k camcorder which has pros and cons. I think you get better image with a dslr as they have a larger sensor but you get limited film time per recording session.
I once did a whole review in one take as it was just flowing so nicely I was really happy with it.
Only to realise it stopped recording after about 20 mins which sounds like a lot but its not when you are stopping to check notes etc, that bit gets edited out.
At 11pm at night I wasn't happy to have to do it again. So that was one factor in the decision for me.
The mic is a dedicated unit the camera sound on its own was not good enough as is to be expected really

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You are right the sound quality I am getting per pound spent on the mobile mic setup is impressing a lot of people without them knowing.

My main mic rig does sound more focused and full range by comparison but cost 3-4 times as much. Standard really. Mic quality just as important as a speaker. Then pre amp and old dear we are back in hifi circles of upgrades etc lol

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I'll post my indulgence show review later this evening on here as going out in a bit. This is blocking me in this thread, but hasn't now? Spam filter?

newlash09 said:
Will wait for your review :)

And fondly hope that you came across my favourite brand qacoustics :)
You asked about these a few posts back. I heard them in Feb at Bristol and they reminded me of KEF Blades, but more domestic looking. Dramatic sound and big image. Were going to be about £3.5k but have been a while getting into production it seems, though have had a few high profile reviews and awards already. Now four grand.

The hardest thing may be finding the right dealers.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I was desperately waiting for the reviews of the QA concept 500's. And very very glad that you found them to be very good. Iam a QA fan boy sorts of. My entire home theatre including in ceiling atmos speakers and my stereo setup is all QA. I love their refined house sound. And their value for money proposition and asthetics. I sadly cannot afford the concept 500's in India, with tax and dealer markups. Will fondly wait for a pre-loved one to show up. Thanks for considering it worthwhile to update me with your impressions . Very happy :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Naim Focal and IsoAcoustics Room

This wont work on a phone as the tracks arre copyright - not my fault

Plays on a PC fine - can hear how goog the New Naim Uniti Nova is on Focal Supra No.2

The IsoAcoustics Gaia are incredible devices for the money in this A/B Demo.

Sadly I talk over most of it as I was really surprised - listen to the chap talk about it after

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
PMC PMC AVM and PMC - oh yeah and PMC

The same guy sits right infront of me in both demos - if that is you, if you recognise yourself - thanks very much mate for doing that ...

Need play this one on a computer dont think will work on a phone sadly

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Musical Fidelity Room with the Encore Server playing through the Nu Vista 800 on Kef Reference One speakers

Again this is another one I dont think will work on phones due to the content being played - I didnt control that aspect.

Will play fine on a computer - not sure about a TV version of YT could be ok? If someone tries this could they let me know please?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts