In ear upgrade

• Thread starter Deleted member 160668
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 160668

Hi folks,

Pointers please... I've recently upgraded from Soundmagic E10C which are WHF 5* award winners but just didn't float my boat at all. Bought some B&W C5v2 and again these are just not doing it for me. Whilst good, they seem 'cloudy' on some tracks and have overblown bass and a lack of control for my taste.

I'm wanting to change up again, thinking of upping the grade of headphone I'm in.

If I start over with £3-400 for in ears what's the best I can get? Dunno why I'm preferring the idea of in ears instead of over ear, maybe this is where I'm limiting myself.

Any pointers as to how I can identify/get what will tickle my fancy?

Thanks in advance.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
amormusic said:
Hi folks,

Pointers please... I've recently upgraded from Soundmagic E10C which are WHF 5* award winners but just didn't float my boat at all. Bought some B&W C5v2 and again these are just not doing it for me. Whilst good, they seem 'cloudy' on some tracks and have overblown bass and a lack of control for my taste.

I'm wanting to change up again, thinking of upping the grade of headphone I'm in.

If I start over with £3-400 for in ears what's the best I can get? Dunno why I'm preferring the idea of in ears instead of over ear, maybe this is where I'm limiting myself.

Thanks in advance.

I recommend you check headfonia dot com, and click on the in-ear earphones. They have a lot of expert reviews, and those reviews aren't buried with comments (the comments are attached so you can look at them when you want to). Best source for in-ears in my opinion.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Earsonics SM3 V2 - easily the best in ear phones i ever tried under £500 - they are available for £279 from hifiheadphones.co.uk

Super triple balanced armature drivers - the midrange is unbelievably good - really punchy yet detail.

pi-electronics

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

I am not the expert of the earphone, but I recently upgrade my earphone to IE800 and it is perfect in use. One of my friend recommend me pi duet and let me compare with my IE800. The sound is cool and also can make phone calls. The function of pi duet may various than IE800 and also good to use in some budget if you have.

Hope this will help.

Thank you.

insider9

pi-electronics said:
Hi there,

I am not the expert of the earphone, but I recently upgrade my earphone to IE800 and it is perfect in use. One of my friend recommend me pi duet and let me compare with my IE800. The sound is cool and also can make phone calls. The function of pi duet may various than IE800 and also good to use in some budget if you have.

Hope this will help.

Thank you.
Christ, how many times will we have to report this guy?!

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
insider9 said:
pi-electronics said:
Hi there,

Hope this will help.

Thank you.

Imagine if you had to listen to his music. You'd be begging for the Buggles.

insider9

dalethorn said:
insider9 said:
pi-electronics said:
Hi there,

Hope this will help.

Thank you.

Imagine if you had to listen to his music.  You'd be begging for the Buggles.
:biggrin:

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
of Shure SE425 noise isolating in-ears on special offer, and I was amazed at their detail and balance when played on the relatively quiet and loud sides. As the WHF 5* test concluded they are a bit bass-shy so I had a look on the Shure website and found they give all of their in-ears a 'sound signature' description which is really helpful, I wish more manufacturers would do that. This has given me confidence to buy the cheaper SE215 which should fill in the lower regions I sometimes miss with the 425's. What swung it for the Shures was the replaceable lead, I love Sennheisers but they haven't a clue how to make a decent cable. The Shures are on a different planet in that respect. Have a look at their site the info is very helpful and interesting.

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
amormusic said:
Hi folks,

Hi amormusic,

can I ask what your source is and the quality of the files you're listening to? E.g. are they ripped CD-quality files, or are you listening to a streaming service?

D

Deleted member 160668

Hi,

Thanks all for your comments and direction.

In answer to you question... I do/will use the in ears for "on the go" only, as when at home my hifi is used.

Source: Spotify premium at highest stream/download quality via an iPhone.

Cheers,

TRENDING THREADS