In car hifi?

Bought a new car a week ago, it has a Sony system in there, it's reasonably good, not as good as the Bose in my other car, but still enjoyable.

Whats the best car/ system you've had?

I probably spend more time listening to music in the car than I do at home in front of the hifi.

Ive gone all 21st century in this one as well and got a 64gb memory stick loaded with music.

It's great for my 45 min each way commute.

bigfish786 said:
Bought a new car a week ago, it has a Sony system in there, it's reasonably good, not as good as the Bose in my other car, but still enjoyable.

I probably spend more time listening to music in the car than I do at home in front of the hifi.

Ive gone all 21st century in this one as well and got a 64gb memory stick loaded with music.

It's great for my 45 min each way commute.

I have Bose in my Alfa. Fabulous. Otherwise, upgrade your speakers - not necessarily bigger but better quality.

A friend has a Focal power amp in his Chrysler 4x4 - sounds awesome. Lots of pennies though.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
My mondeo has a Sony Hifi it sounds ok but listen to the radio... Radio 2 I some times plug my iPhone in and listen to my own music but the trouble is now I have a good setup at home the car sounds rubbish

DaveyBoy1980

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Harmon Kardon speaker upgrade in my BMW 1 series. Does sound good to me.

I've always preferred the sound of music in my car to at home yet my home setup rrp is well over £3000.

The car stereo sound is definitely not what people would describe as hifi but then who says it has to be hifi to be enjoyable?

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Mark Levinson in my Lexus. The car is almost silent apart from a little tyre noise so I can for the first time listen to classical CDs without constantly having to adjust the volume.

Chris

To me, the sound of the car stereo is similar to the experience of listening to headphones. It can sound really good.

Is it high fidelity? Possibly not. But I think some in-car systems can probably get really close to it.

Ive always enjoyed the experience of music in the car. The Bose in the Mazda was brilliant. I'd like to listen to some of the higher end systems, to see what they are like.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't afford a car because I've spent all my money on HiFi. :(

Totally worth the sacrifice though. :D

And it keeps me fit walking to work while listening to some Westone UM3x earphones which incidentally sound better than any car stereo that I've come across. *music2*

D

Deleted member 108165

Not sure what's in my Maybach, I'll have to ask the chauffeur*dirol*.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
jjbomber said:
bigfish786 said:

Bose in the Merc. In fact, I became a Bose fan after that annd now have Bose headphones. Before then I had been a hi-fi snob and thought Bose were just designer products. Now I know different.

I was an anti Bose type until I heard the stereo in my friend's TT - best I've heard in a car

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts