I need to make a decision Rega RS5 and Tannoy DC4T Signature

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello.

I am given an excellent price for these two floorstanders (they don't have decent bookshelfs)

I need to make a decision based on these two options.

- Rega RS5

- Tannoy DC4T Signature

It will be used with a Yamaya AV Receiver (sounds good for the money)

My musical preference is Natural Music, voices, classical, Rock, guitar..... All except dance and electronic.

I need to make a decision soon as I return an equipment and I need to spend the money I gave them

A

Anonymous

I had a pair of Rega RS5's at home for testing.
It's an excellent loudspeaker that plays both classical, electronic and rock with ease.
In the end I returned it though in favor of a pair of Dynaudio x32's, as these were more neutral-sounding than the RS 5.
But I could have lived happily with the RS 5's.

Best,
Henrik

A

Anonymous

Btw. bear in mind that the RS 5's are easy to place in a room, as they can be backed up close to a wall. If this is important to you, then the RS5's will deliver on that point and still sound great with no resulting fatigue or boomy bass.

I don't know the Tannoy speaker you mention.

A

Anonymous

Thanks
I don't know what's wrong with the Regas. Everybody seems to have heard and tested them but nobody keeps them. Everybody have nice comments but few people keeps them as final choice. Strange

For me Tannoy are 300 EUR more expensive, despites of that. I have chosen Tannoy, as they seems to amaze to everybody (of course needs to be coupled with a subwoofer for Home Cinema)

A

Anonymous

Thanks
I don't know what's wrong with the Regas. Everybody seems to have heard and tested them but nobody keeps them. Everybody have nice comments but few people keeps them as final choice. Strange

For me Tannoy are 300 EUR more expensive, despites of that. I have chosen Tannoy, as they seems to amaze to everybody (of course needs to be coupled with a subwoofer for Home Cinema)

A

Anonymous

jasabel said:
Thanks

I wonder why you listen with "other peoples ears". :wall: You didn't listen to them yourself? No opinion yourself? :?

Anyway, I hope you will be happy with the Tannoys... ;)

A

Anonymous

Yes you'r right, but it is what this forum is all about.

I don't have in my city a place to hear them so I had to order them online. It's not perfect but it's the way it is. I heard once the Tannoys bookshelves but not the floorstanders. I loved them. There mignt sound different they might not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts