http://www.ebacoustics.com

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

bluebrazil:there was a french swan mentioned also

Has anybody got today's settings for the rotors in the Enigma codebreaker as that message means nothing to me!!!!!
emotion-42.gif

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Ricky, I have a question regarding the speakers.

The EB Acoustics website does not state the power handling figures. The WHF review states 100W.

Is this correct? And what is the peak rating?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Don't know what game people are playing, but I'd be stunned if EB Acoustics didn't know the result of the reviews.

These are speakers, after all, not a long-awaited breakthrough in medical science.

A

Anonymous

Tarquinh:

Don't know what game people are playing, but I'd be stunned if EB Acoustics didn't know the result of the reviews.

Tarquinh. Trust me when I say I DO NOT KNOW the outcome of the review. No-one has told me, I don't get a complimentary copy of the mag so I go and buy it just like you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Another one in the eye for the 'WHFSV in the pocket of the manufacturers' conspiracy theorists, really...

Would have grabbed a copy off the server and sent it to Ricky myself in response to this thread, but as explained elsewhere on the Forums this afternoon, my internet connection is currently in 'limp home' mode.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Would have grabbed a copy off the server and sent it to Ricky myself in response to this thread.

You'dve got it back with a curt response if you did Andrew. Rules are rules. For both sides. I can wait til I get my copy the legitimate way.

A

Anonymous

EB Ricky:Tarquinh:

Tarquinh. Trust me when I say I DO NOT KNOW the outcome of the review. No-one has told me, I don't get a complimentary copy of the mag so I go and buy it just like you.
Hi Ricky, in that case I do apologise. Looks like you are getting a copy now, which is good.

A

Anonymous

Tarquinh:EB Ricky:Tarquinh:

Hi Ricky, in that case I do apologise. Looks like you are getting a copy now, which is good.

No. My copy won't find me until the 28th-29th which is when my local mag shop wakes up.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
EB Ricky:You'dve got it back with a curt response if you did Andrew. Rules are rules. For both sides.

Indeed, and the rule around these parts is that once the subscribers start to receive their copies, it's perfectly OK for us on the editorial team to show those whose products have been reviewed copies of the reviews, discuss the outcomes with them, etc..

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

EB Ricky:You'dve got it back with a curt response if you did Andrew. Rules are rules. For both sides.

Indeed, and the rule around these parts is that once the subscribers start to receive their copies, it's perfectly OK for us on the editorial team to show those whose products have been reviewed copies of the reviews, discuss the outcomes with them, etc..

Oh yeah. Forgot that didn't I?

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:Hmmm... I got my copy on Thursday! Very good read as well
emotion-5.gif

Why's everyone
emotion-5.gif
at me?. It's not fair. Me no understand
emotion-9.gif

chebby:
Great!

There's another issue I won't need to buy now.

Although if I have correctly interpreted stumpy66's last post, then there is going to be a major meltdown at a certain ATC dealership in Derby.

All the best.

Chebby @ What Hifi forums

Hi chebby

emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thought I would leave a word as I started this thread :) I ordered my EB1s back in march, received them at the beginning of June, now I came back home after 7 weeks of not being at home and was finally able to plug them into my Rotel RA-04.

Very happy with my purchase, thought I'd let Ricky now! Quite a long wait, but acceptable considering the time I am planning to keep them.

Thanks for the delivery!

willgaunt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Interested to note that the EB2 is now listed as best buy £600-£1000. Very much looking forward to mine arriving tomorrow! And to reading the group test write-up...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
willgaunt:Interested to note that the EB2 is now listed as best buy £600-£1000.

Well done EB.

(Can someone adjust the ATC SCM11 reviewed price to it's current RRP? It looks about £90 cheaper here on WHF than it's present price of £956*.)

*From three dealers selected from ATC's UK dealer list... (1)... (2)... (3)

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:It's not a group test: it's a direct head-to-head comparison.

Just read it. 6 times to be sure of my opinion.

In the past, the SCM11's have been used as the reference for other loudspeakers. Now the "Ol' Timer" and "The new kid on the block" can be used together as a reference. Between the two of them, the competition will have to work very hard to get within a mile. SCM11 used to head them off on it's own. Now, it's got some help. Nice to know that 2 BRITISH companies can still cut the mustard in the myriad of far eastern kit, both good and not good.

I'm actually pleased that the SCM11 kept it's 5 stars. I'll say it once more, then no further comment. ATC SCM11 is one helluva speaker!!!!.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps - as a manufacturer - diplomacy might be preventing you from pointing out that the ATC SCM11s cost about £285 more than the EB2s!

(SCM11s are £956 according to at least three dealers from the ATC dealer list that publish prices)

At these prices (£669 for EB2 and £956 for SCM11s) £285 is a significant sum.

stumpy66

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
emotion-5.gif
EB Ricky:

Andrew Everard:It's not a group test: it's a direct head-to-head comparison.

Just read it. 6 times to be sure of my opinion.

In the past, the SCM11's have been used as the reference for other loudspeakers. Now the "Ol' Timer" and "The new kid on the block" can be used together as a reference. Between the two of them, the competition will have to work very hard to get within a mile. SCM11 used to head them off on it's own. Now, it's got some help. Nice to know that 2 BRITISH companies can still cut the mustard in the myriad of far eastern kit, both good and not good.

I'm actually pleased that the SCM11 kept it's 5 stars. I'll say it once more, then no further comment. ATC SCM11 is one helluva speaker!!!!.
We can all stop winking, now that you've read it

A

Anonymous

Yep well done Ricky.

Question is.... will you be able to cope with the possible orders for EB2 and EB1..?

Some thoughts-

1. Your website dosen't say whether the EB2 is Bi-wireable or not.

2. Would be nice to have more pictures of the speakers, perhaps a side and rear shot, and a close up of the 2 finishes available.

3. Also, tho I realise you print the dimensions on the website, I think you should show a photo giving an impression of how big/small each speaker is. Perhaps show them side-by-side. You don't want people sending back pairs of EB2s saying 'I didn't realise how big they were going to be...'

Just my thoughts.

jules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts