http://www.ebacoustics.com

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Good luck to EB Acoustics. The EB2 seems great! Will be even more interested to know specs and more info on prices for EB2 in the near future.

A

Anonymous

Just been in touch with Ricky from eb acoustics. Sound Fella. Is snowed under with orders but said I should have my order in 2 weeks. So keep the chin up and your eye's peeled on the posty....

A

Anonymous

EB2 looks good. I wonder what the efficiency will be like? Probably needs a monster to drive it.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
bluecafe1:

Just been in touch with Ricky from eb acoustics. Sound Fella. Is snowed under with orders but said I should have my order in 2 weeks. So keep the chin up and your eye's peeled on the posty....

How to create a myth ... let demand outstrip supply. Sony know a thing or two about that ...

Having said that, I can't say anything detremental about the EBs as I have'nt used them.

A

Anonymous

freecitizen:EB2 looks good. I wonder what the efficiency will be like? Probably needs a monster to drive it.

Actually, at 87dB, it doesn't. A Kandy should drive it quite nicely.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:

freecitizen:EB2 looks good. I wonder what the efficiency will be like? Probably needs a monster to drive it.

Actually, at 87dB, it doesn't. A Kandy should drive it quite nicely.

Should'nt you be building speakers? That's another 10 mins someone has to wait ...

A

Anonymous

Cheeky devil!!!

This isn't me anyway. I'm asleep at the bench. This is an email autoresponder.

Ricky (zzzzzzz)

A

Anonymous

Hi.

EB2 is now on the website with specs and a proper photo. Pricing is on the ordering page. A pair hae been sent to what hifi and they are being burned in as we speak. Review comes out in the August issue. I really do hope I've got this right.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Got a pair winging it's way to WHF Towers for review yet?

I think the clue might be in

EB Ricky:A pair hae been sent to what hifi and they are being burned in as we speak

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

EB Ricky:A pair hae been sent to what hifi and they are being burned in as we speak

but well hidden from the prying eyes of the "Big Question" participants (or was there an NDA agreement involved?)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:...they are being burned in as we speak.

tesla.jpg

A

Anonymous

Now all we hae to do is bite fingernails until the august issue comes out. Reckon I'e got enuff fingernails to see me through to 2nd week in june then we're in trouble. (Must get a keyboard with a decent 'V' on it !!!)

A

Anonymous

Congrats on getting the EB2 to market so quickly Ricky.

Can you give us any hints as the sound of this new speaker?
(e.g. detailed/analytical/musical/laidback/dynamic/monster bass/fast etc.?)

Thanks

jules.

A

Anonymous

Hi Jules.

I think detailed and analytical with speed was my design goal. As to wether (fink there's an 'h' in there) it's been achieved, let's wait for the WHF review in the august issue. I hope so because if I'm wrong, all that work is down the drain although I have orders for 4 pairs already.

I think the speaker they will use as a reference will be the ATC SCM11. If that's the case, me got me work cut out coz that's one helluva speaker.

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:

oh that's what those behemoths in the listening room were...

A

Anonymous

EB Ricky:
Hi Jules.

I think detailed and analytical with speed was my design goal. As to wether (fink there's an 'h' in there) it's been achieved, let's wait for the WHF review in the august issue. I hope so because if I'm wrong, all that work is down the drain although I have orders for 4 pairs already.

I think the speaker they will use as a reference will be the ATC SCM11. If that's the case, me got me work cut out coz that's one helluva speaker.

Yep the SCM11 is a very special speaker, however I found it just TOO honest and didn't add any sparkle to the music. Timing, details and dynamics are amazing tho. However it retails for 950 nowadays so if your 684quid speakers (inc delivery) can get near then that's a great achievement.

Other references are the B&W 684 and Roksan K2 obviously.

Fingers crossed that it all works out Ricky.

jules.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:Hi Jules.

I may have to buy these.

When you asked us to give ideas for the EB2, I sat there and sort of day-dreamt what I wanted right then (Harbeth P3ESRs at half the price and with more bass extension) when I said....

"(2) Sealed enclosure, two-way, compact monitors. A 21st century LS3/5A
with some decent bass this time. For people who can't stretch to £1350
for Spendor SA1 or Harbeth P3ESR."

So you've made a sealed enclosure, stand-mount, speaker system with 7" bass/mid driver and generous sized cabinet at exactly half the price of Harbeth P3ESRs
emotion-2.gif

If these EB2s get 4 or 5 stars (and any of the reviewers even hint at Harbeth or BBC like qualities) then I will be obliged to buy a pair. Well I did ask for them!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:chebby:generous sized cabinet

Oh yes

Nothing wrong with that. Most sealed enclosure speakers (almost all) nowadays are diddy little things.

Would make a change to read about a sealed box speaker where the discussion does not inevitably turn to sub-woofers.

I think the aforementioned ATC speakers are about the only exception to this.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
EB Acoustics quote...

450mm tall, 225mm wide, 296mm deep (310mm including grille).

So 10mm taller than ATC SCM19s (440 x 223 x 315mm).

Doesn't seem too bad. Owners would just need shorter stands.

Hopefully (not being ported) they can be used close to walls.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts