How would the Cyrus CD6SE & 6Xp work with Quad 22L2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all.

I have always wanted a quality Hi-Fi system, but have always steered more towards a quality Home Cinema system built around 5.1 and DVD players as CD sources.

But now I want to go down the full Hi-Fi route and have decided that top of my audition list is the highly recommended Cyrus CD6SE and matching 6XP amp. I have got Quad 22L2 speakers and wonder how these will pair up. Has anyone else got the same system or perhaps similar (11Ls?). Are they on the bright side? Do the speakers fall down? Exactly how good is the CD6SE/XP pairing?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Gary

A

Anonymous

I know some members of Cyrus unofficial started with Quad speakers but most people find it too bright.

I would take your speakers to a Cyrus dealer and listen for yourself.

sweety7272

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
HI there - I've previously had a 6vs / CD6SE running into Quad 11L2s. I'd say it did work, but the system was limited by the speakers. I thought the mid range was incredibly clear, especially acoustic guitars and voices. The drawback was that the bass was a bit mixed up and boomy. I tried to tighten things up by trading up to an X-power, and that did work to a certain extent. Eventually came to the conclusion that the speakers were holding things back a bit, and upgraded to some ATC SCM11s which made all the difference.

So be warned...this could end up being more costly than you think!

The bottom line I guess is that the Cyrus electronics stand up well, and do have a good upgrade path so you are at least a bit futureproofed.

Try the cyrusunofficial forum for some ideas of what works well. Also you may want to have a look in the "for sale" bit of that site, as there are some well trusted sellers there.

all the best

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts