Question KEF speakers with multiroom

robsl

Jan 7, 2022
Visit site
Hello Forum,

I've got a question regarding a new set-up I would like to invest in.

I recently moved to a larger house with a dedicated living room. My budget got higher, so I would like to invest in new Hi-fi hardware.

I already got a Rega P2 turntable including a pre-amp from Rega. Now I would like to buy a new multiroom system with quality speakers. I don't want to have those big towers in my living room. So I decided to go for somewhat smaller and more design speakers.

That's how I ended up with the KEF speakers. The LS50 wireless II speakers are nice to see, and good of quality. Unfortunately KEF don't have a multiroom system. For what I've learned right now is that it isn't posisble stream the same music to other rooms. Together with a decent subwoofer, the sound will be excellent.

To get a more multiroom system, I can go for the Bluesound environment using the bluesound powernode N330. It's possible to get the beautyfull LS50 meta (wired) speakers working on this system. Adding a subwoofer will match my criteria for the multiroom system.

I'm wondering what your experience is with the LS50 wireless II and LS50 meta in combination with the bluesound powernode N330.

In the future I may want to upgrade to surround system as well. i think that's possible with the powernode, and not with the KEF LS50 wireless. Am I right?

With regard to the price of both systems, I think the price is somewhat the same. That's why I'm asking what your experience and thoughts are with both set-ups.

EDIT: i would also like to have eARC feature on my system. I normally listen spotify or youtube through the television. So that makes live easier.

Reactions: Babur72

Tinman1952

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I am not sure how you plan to use the Powernode in a multi room system.....
the only way I know to 'connect' disparate products from different brands in a multi room system is with Roon. 'Roon ready' or Roon certified' products can all be sent music from the Roon interface.

Reactions: Babur72 and robsl

robsl

Jan 7, 2022
Visit site
To be more clear:
option 1:
KEF LS50 meta (= wired) speakers with the powernode. + subwoofer (wired)

option 2:
KEF LS50 wireless II without powernode + subwoofer.

Option 1 has the advantage of begin a multiroom system. But I don't know what quality this is in comparison to option 2. As far as I know the KEF wired speakers can be plugged into the powernode and can be connected to the multiroom system of bluesound. If I want more speakers, I've to buy the bluesound speakers.

option 2 has the advantage of begin a proven quality system without multiroom functionality.

Tinman1952

To be more clear:
option 1:
KEF LS50 meta (= wired) speakers with the powernode. + subwoofer (wired)

option 2:
KEF LS50 wireless II without powernode + subwoofer.

Option 1 has the advantage of begin a multiroom system. But I don't know what quality this is in comparison to option 2. As far as I know the KEF wired speakers can be plugged into the powernode and can be connected to the multiroom system of bluesound. If I want more speakers, I've to buy the bluesound speakers.

option 2 has the advantage of begin a proven quality system without multiroom functionality.
Thanks for clarifying.
Personally I would go for option 1. The LS50 meta with the powernode will be an improvement on the LS50 wireless system plus the powernode has the option to manage the crossover to your sub and relieve the main speakers of the lowest frequencies which will improve their frequency response. This will also relieve the powernode of some of the current normally required to drive those speakers.
Plus you have the multi room option with other Bluesound devices....👍

Reactions: Babur72 and robsl

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts