How to get the best sound from a pc to a marantz PM6005?

gasolin

I have made and offer for a used Marantz PM6005, in denmark from the only store who imports them directly you sometimes can get one with a about 45% discount and the offer for the used one is 1/3 of the retail price, i couldn't say no to this offer.

Theres a dac in the marantz but no usb port, i already have a audioquest jitterbug and a dragonfly 1.2 (can't return the dragonfly 1.2 and use the money for the marantz) for my pc, my mother board is an asus maximus vii ranger z97.

I have all types of cable, i am pretty shure i have coaxial,i do have optical,analog and a speciel usb sound cable (nuforce)

How do i get the best sound from my pc to a marantz pm6005 ?

Jitterbug and dragonfly with analog cable or no jitterbug but just an optical cable from my pc to the marantz pm6005 (the last might give me jitter since the sound from my pc doesn't go through a unit like the audioquest jitterbug) or is there a 3 option?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The jitterbug won't be necessary. Just connect the computer to the PM6005 using an optical cable. Marantz is a good company who'll know how to properly implement and test the DAC section so that jitter won't be an issue. Almost all modern DAC chips will re-clock the data stream and remove any jitter.

However, and I mean no offence by this, but you're the type of person who buys a Jitterbug in the first place so if you don't use it you'll only end up worrying about jitter anyway and it'll spoil your enjoyment of the music if you don't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts