How many of you?

A

Anonymous

I do although I hardly ever listen to it from the throne.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
351-Triangle-L.jpg

A

Anonymous

Yes but too far away so, to the utter dismay of my missus, I move the sofa
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I have it all set up correctly.

There's no point buying nice HiFi and not being able to position the chair and speakers where they should go.

A

Anonymous

my main system is in my bedroom where the furniture stops me from having a perfect setup - but it never stops me from enjoying my music!!! plus its also quite nice to be able to lie on my bed and listen to my hifi at the same time...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
80 percent of the time I am listening waaaay off axis at my desk (working) and the other 20 percent of the time I am a little bit off axis (by about 2 feet to the left).

This is partly why I bought the Rega R3's with their side facing woofers and their unfussiness about positioning. They sound pretty good all around the room.

The other reason is that others in the room want to hear iTunes/Radio/DVD... (or whatever) as well.

I do not believe the benefits of a good sound should be exclusive to just one person in one chair in once place. Locked in by dogma and geometry. (May as well use headphones.)

How do you dance with the missus (for instance) or use the computer/do the ironing/torture the cat... etc.. and yet have to stay in some 'sweet-spot' at the same time?

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Yes and had the system calibrated professionally.

Made a bug difference and I am confident in knwoing I am geeting the best from my investment.ÿ

ÿ

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:I do although I hardly ever listen to it from the throne.

Me too - i have things set up as well as possible, but im usually at the computer, so im much nearer the right speaker.

A

Anonymous

topbloke55:
Yes and had the system calibrated professionally.

Made a bug difference and I am confident in knwoing I am geeting the best from my investment.ÿ

ÿ

Perhaps if you're that rich someone professional should edit your posts for the grammar?

Only joking by the way.
emotion-5.gif

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Only on the rare occasion that I have the house to myself and I then have to move a chair and pull the speaker out to position it correctly. I then remove the grills so that they look good as well as sound good! Then when I see the missus`s car pull up I have to quickly put it all back in position. Sometimes I`m fast enough and sometimes I`m not. Even when I think I`ve got away with it she can still tell if something or other hasn`t been returned to it`s exact starting position. How do they do that!
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:My better half doesn't care. She always encourages me to enjoy my music and hi-fi and believes a lounge is for living in rather than being a show flat. Landed on me feet!!

Lucky so and so...

A

Anonymous

I wish my left B&W P4 is about 2 feet above the other, they are toed in and away from the wall though and suprisingly still sound great..

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
My speakers are in the corners of a small room as I have nowhere else they can go. But there is a small sweetspot and I always sit in it.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

northantsbloke34:Not always possible if you want to live in harmony with the rest of the family

Mmmm same here, i cant even really drag a chair in position to listen to my music as we have 2 big heavy 2 seaters.

I may have to see about moving the speakers to the other wall and only playing the music loud during the day when no one is in next door.

The only other option is speaker stands.that i can move around as the need arises.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The whole idea of not being able to do something in your own house is foreign to me. The pleasures of being single I guess.
(NB - I don't need to be reminded of the downsides thanks!
emotion-4.gif
)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts