Dynatron Garrard Carnival HFC37

andygardener

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Hi can you please help ?.
I have a Dynatron Garrard Carnival HFC37, but with no speakers what is the correct speakers for this unit ?. There are so many out there with numbere on the back of the speakers what is the right model number.
Regards Andy

Welcome to the forum.

This was never Hifi, and it’s now about 55 years old, so my initial reaction was ‘does it actually matter’? However, from the radio museum website they say this:-

“Stereo record player fitted with a 3 speed Garrard SP25 manual turntable with a Goldring G850 cartridge and diamond stylus and a 2 x 8W transistorised amplifier, housed in a teak plinth with a perspex lid. Bass, treble, balance, loudness and S filter controls. Requires two loudspeakers, not supplied, matching Dynatron 4Ω units recommended.”

So, it doesn’t say, and the chances of finding any matching Dynatron speakers is pretty slim. However, by all means trawl Facebook Marketplace, eBay, Gumtree etc and you might unearth something. Any smallish speaker, say Wharfedale Diamonds, would be fine.

Have you any idea if it works? Looks like it has a headphone socket, so I’d begin there.

Reactions: DougK1

andygardener

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

This was never Hifi, and it’s now about 55 years old, so my initial reaction was ‘does it actually matter’? However, from the radio museum website they say this:-

“Stereo record player fitted with a 3 speed Garrard SP25 manual turntable with a Goldring G850 cartridge and diamond stylus and a 2 x 8W transistorised amplifier, housed in a teak plinth with a perspex lid. Bass, treble, balance, loudness and S filter controls. Requires two loudspeakers, not supplied, matching Dynatron 4Ω units recommended.”

So, it doesn’t say, and the chances of finding any matching Dynatron speakers is pretty slim. However, by all means trawl Facebook Marketplace, eBay, Gumtree etc and you might unearth something. Any smallish speaker, say Wharfedale Diamonds, would be fine.

Have you any idea if it works? Looks like it has a headphone socket, so I’d begin there.
Hi thanks for your reply and info.
Yes all works fine and looking forward to hearing that original sound. I suppose it's a bit like a car restoration, yes you can fit a new part which might be new technology but it is not giving you the original experience. So still looking forward to that. Regards Andrew

andygardener

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the info.I've already contacted this person.And he told me that they aren't the original speakers, but slightly smaller. Which was very good of him to say that and shows me he is not just to make a quick buck, and he told him which was the correct speakers he would use

Reactions: nopiano
Hi, thanks for the info.I've already contacted this person.And he told me that they aren't the original speakers, but slightly smaller. Which was very good of him to say that and shows me he is not just to make a quick buck, and he told him which was the correct speakers he would use
That’s a result! Maybe you can note it down here for the benefit of anyone who searches next time?

TRENDING THREADS