how many amplifiers in an audolab 8000p?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It has 4 speaker terminals for biwired output, but this muppet just bought 2-way to 4 way bi-wire cables, instead of 4 to 4.

Question is, does the 8000p actually have 4 amplifiers, two for left and two for right, that means I am wasting them with these cables.... or will it make no difference because it only has 2 amps with two sets of terminals for each?

Do I send my cables back with a letter of oops?

I got the QED silver anniversary XT btw... 138 beans

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, just two amp sections, left and right, in common with just about every stereo amp, even with two sets of terminals for each channel. So your cables will be fine.

A

Anonymous

ah splendid.. heh, but it still makes it feel fake only having 2 connectors at one end;P

A

Anonymous

Send them back and get single cable lengths! No need for bi-wiring if you're not bi-amping.

A

Anonymous

you think?

should I decide to bi-amp sometime in the future do you reckon I could just get the amp end re-terminated?

A

Anonymous

That would certainly make them worth keeping for now, and yes, you could get the amp end re-terminated by a dealer with the special tool the airlocks need. So perhaps on balance they're worth keeping if you intend one day to bi-amp.

A

Anonymous

or perhaps I could aquire the tool, some decent cable, reterminate this pair and make some more of my own for other speakers (perhaps for surround speakers)...

Any idea of the cost/availability of such a tool (and the plugs)... or even what the tool is called so I can find out?

A

Anonymous

Have just read about these online http://www.anticables.com/home.html and I have to say it sounds very interesting. Take a look at what they say.

Also, there have been some very interesting posts on here that suggest bi-wiring may not be such a phantom after all. You could give it a go and find some real gains. Case of suck it and see, it seems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts