how can you tell if your amplifer or subwoofer as got a fault

frontosa

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
hello i turned my amplifer on last night only to find i have lost all the bass from my subwoofer. and when i turn it up there just isnt any bass there but the cone is going in and out . thanks in advance
emotion-9.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
OK, things to check:

1) Unplug the subwoofer cable at the amp end and pinch the plug with your fingers so they touch both the central pin and the outer collar. You should get a buzz sound from the sub - if not, it's either a subwoofer fault or a cable fault.

2) If you don't get the buzz sound, unplug the sub cable from the subwoofer, too, plug in another cable you know works and try the pinch test. If there's a buzz, your original sub cable is duff; if no buzz there may be a fault in the sub's electronics.

3) If you find the sub and cable are OK, then you need to check in the menus of your receiver to make sure there hasn't been a power glitch or something that has caused a setting to change, thus turning off the sub output or turning it right down.

4) If all that doesn't solve it, and you've proved that the sub and cable are OK, then there may be a fault in the Marantz amp: best bet is to look in the manual, do a factory reset back to default settings, and see whether that brings the sub back. If you can, make a note of the amp settings before you do this.

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts