Hopefully repairable

Had to visit Aberbargoed today with my faulty Tom Evans Audio Design Groove 20th Anniversary phono preamp as it has developed a fault.
Didn't realise exactly how old it was until serial number turned out to be 2012
One channel is definitely a bit sick.
Hopefully it can be repaired as the other option is a full upgrade to latest 2.5 version which is likely to be £800.... And that's mate's rates.
Whatever, it has served me well.

Gray

It's gone to the best place - with the knowledge and incentive to repair it for a valued customer.
(More than you can say for some of the other repair (or non- repair) cases we see on this forum).

Short of unobtainable parts, I'm sure it will be repairable - hopefully for a reasonable price 👍

I often wonder about the shelf-life of Hifi, especially the items without moving parts. Eleven years is reasonable and surely no reason why it can’t last at least another decade or two?

It amazes me when I see folk with gear 40 or 50 years old singing its praises. Hard to know how adrift it might be after this time, unless it has been thoroughly rebuilt.

Hope you get it fixed ok!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oxfordian
I often wonder about the shelf-life of Hifi, especially the items are without moving parts. Eleven years is reasonable and surely no reason why it can’t last at least another decade or two?

It amazes me when I see folk with gear 40 or 50 years old singing its praises. Hard to know how adrift it might be after this time, unless it has been thoroughly rebuilt.

Hope you get it fixed ok!
Thanks, it is in the right place if it can be fixed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts