Hi-Fi speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone had any experience with Bose 301 seriez V hi-fi speakers? are they worth considering instead of B&W 685. Amp in question will be the Sonos ZP120.

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Duff2010

I have the bose 301s but series 3. There a good speaker, very reliable they can be pushed hard for long periods of time and it doesnt phase them, they are also very loud for the size and produce a pretty big soundstage, but for the money you can get much better speakers IMO they arent really Hi-Fi materieal, I only got mine because i got them second hand at a very good price. I'm currently looking at getting new speakers also and while i was shopping I did ask a salesmen about the bose series 5s and he said i defiantly wouldn't recommend them for Hi-Fi, for the money you can get a lot better. And if the 5 series is anything like my 3 series i wouldnt recommend them either.

IMO there are much more musical speakers for the same price as the bose, unless the salesmen i was talking too was wrong and the 5 series are a lot better than the 3s

A

Anonymous

Hi Duff, I agree with Josh.
In general I would not recommend anyone to buy a Bose unless they really want the convenience (small, easy to use, looks good). Sound quality wise, in general Bose is not exactly hi-fi (don't get me wrong, my siblings own a couple of Bose systems and they're not bad, just not worth the money).
Now the 301 system is not even Bose's usual small speaker system type, it's about the same size as the B&W so I don't see any reason why you should take a risk with the Bose 301.

TRENDING THREADS