Headphones recommendation to watch series/anime on Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

*Boom*

Mar 1, 2024
Visit site
Hello everyone, just an update to let you all know I received the MDR7506 on Wednesday, been trying them out these past 2 days, and I love them! Thanks for all the help everyone, I'm really happy with these! My only gripes with them are that they do leak quite a bit of sound when the volume is high (over 50%), and that the cable is a bit too long for having my iPod in my pocket comfortably, but apart from that, they really are wonderful.

Thank you again so much to the whole community, I greatly appreciate your help and I am overall very happy with your recommendation :)

Reactions: Rodolfo and Gray

Gray

...the cable is a bit too long for having my iPod in my pocket comfortably
That's the only (potential) downside of having a fixed cable.

Once out of warranty you could shorten the cable and use an extension when you needed it longer - though the coiled cable might make that less practical than with a straight one.

Depends how easy it is to get inside the earcup - but it looks like the design would lend itself well to being modified with a mini-XLR or 3.5mm socket in the cable entry position.
That would allow a choice of swappable cable lengths.
(And, as part of such a mod, you could easily be left with a genuinely balanced use option - for the future).

Meantime, enjoy it as it is 👍

Reactions: *Boom*

Leon74

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site
As a fellow (mostly former) chronic insomniac watching a screen before sleep is not a good idea. The blue light emitted from screens suppresses the production of melatonin hormone which affects your day/night cycle.

For a long time I used to watch lots of late night TV/Video when I could not sleep and it really did not help. Now I try to read a little before sleep and use fairly flat earbuds to listen to audiobooks (music keeps me awake).

I 'm not convinced by the blue light theory, stronger, I think it is nonsense. I suffer from severe delayed sleep phase syndrome and special glasses to block the blue light never helped. It seems science is now coming back from the blue light theory and I saw a study plain yellow light has much more potential to keep you awake.
I suppose what is keeping people awake is more about what they are doing with their screens than about the blue light.
If I use a smartphone, it hinders me falling asleep, but if I use an e-reader with background blue led lights, I have no problem falling asleep.
Same with TV/video/music....many of these things simply are too exciting, keep the brains to busy to fall asleep.

I wish I could listen to an audiobook.... reading my Kindle in bed isn't too good for a decent posture and bad for my neck and back but all my Audible books are in foreign languages and English and French are too hard to listen to when I'm sleepy. Maybe I could try German that is close to my Dutch-German dialect.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
I 'm not convinced by the blue light theory, stronger, I think it is nonsense. I suffer from severe delayed sleep phase syndrome and special glasses to block the blue light never helped. It seems science is now coming back from the blue light theory and I saw a study plain yellow light has much more potential to keep you awake.
I suppose what is keeping people awake is more about what they are doing with their screens than about the blue light.
If I use a smartphone, it hinders me falling asleep, but if I use an e-reader with background blue led lights, I have no problem falling asleep.
Same with TV/video/music....many of these things simply are too exciting, keep the brains to busy to fall asleep.

I wish I could listen to an audiobook.... reading my Kindle in bed isn't too good for a decent posture and bad for my neck and back but all my Audible books are in foreign languages and English and French are too hard to listen to when I'm sleepy. Maybe I could try German that is close to my Dutch-German dialect.
Blue light is not theoretical nor nonsense, even if the risks of serious damage from it are often exaggerated. Best to you on your own sleep patterns and preferences, but here is a source on the science of the matter:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...ular-degeneration-and-blindness-2019040816365

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts