Here we go again.... GT50 with screen burn...

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
All these problems with panasonic tvs i had a panasonic gt 30 which i have got rid and purchased a panasonic tx-l47et60 led tv and the picture was absolutely diabolical white patches all over the screen and bad picture distortion so thats gone i have now got a lg led tv and that is brilliant no issues im sad to say that panasonic are not the force they used to be in regards to customer service and consumer electronics .im not saying that you can get issues with the likes of lg and samsung but i think they still produce the better tvs available on the market but that is only my opinion and i feel for all of you out there having problems with your panasonic tvs . sorry for going of topic by the way

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
All these problems with panasonic tvs i had a panasonic gt 30 which i have got rid and purchased a panasonic tx-l47et60 led tv and the picture was absolutely diabolical white patches all over the screen and bad picture distortion so thats gone i have now got a lg led tv and that is brilliant no issues im sad to say that panasonic are not the force they used to be in regards to customer service and consumer electronics .im not saying that you can get issues with the likes of lg and samsung but i think they still produce the better tvs available on the market but that is only my opinion and i feel for all of you out there having problems with your panasonic tvs . sorry for going of topic by the way

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Just doubled checked my advent calendar, and it is still 14 days until the Samsung (current) TV promotion runs out, and until JL technical call me...

Now I know how the children feel!!

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Requested a NKU price match on the F8000 with Totaldigital, and got the following response:

Thank you for your price match enquiry regarding the Samsung UE55F8000, Product code: 82452012.

In order for a price match to be valid, the competitor’s product must be identical to the product we sell, in terms of make, model number, colour and size. In this case, we offer 2 x 3D glasses where Total Digital do not. In addition, we expect the specification on the box to match the product inside, as such we require the stock to be new, boxed and with the unmodified product inside

Is it just me, or am I missing something...

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4766

D

Deleted member 2457

MrW said:
Requested a NKU price match on the F8000 with Totaldigital, and got the following response:

Thank you for your price match enquiry regarding the Samsung UE55F8000, Product code: 82452012.

In order for a price match to be valid, the competitor’s product must be identical to the product we sell, in terms of make, model number, colour and size. In this case, we offer 2 x 3D glasses where Total Digital do not. In addition, we expect the specification on the box to match the product inside, as such we require the stock to be new, boxed and with the unmodified product inside

Is it just me, or am I missing something...

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4766

All the info is correct, clearly John Lewis can't read!

I would go back and say the glasses are included and it is brand new and from a physical shop, now what is the problem? :). Perhaps quite not like that but you know what I mean. :)

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I've emailed them back, pointing out that they need to read the web page as it clearly states 2 pairs of 3D glasses included

Maybe JL are trying everything they can to get out of price matching??!!

D

Deleted member 2457

MrW said:
I've emailed them back, pointing out that they need to read the web page as it clearly states 2 pairs of 3D glasses included

Yep, they always do!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

MrW said:
Any news on your GT50 BBB?

Not yet. They said 5 days, so I'm presuming they meant working days, so I'm hoping I'll hear something tomorrow.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
MrW said:

Don't worry MrW I went through all this to get my price match and that was when ringing the store to get it. They tried very hard to get out of it as it was such a major price difference and at that time the 55F8000 was £2,399 at John Lewis, I went through their reasons on the phone with them and fought my corner and every excuse had no merit when compared to their own t&c's on the website for a price match. A senior member of staff called me back an hour later to confirm they would honour the price match on this occasion.

Just fight your corner as there is no reason why they shouldn't price match TotalDigital as it's exactly the same store I used for my price match, it meets every criteria they ask for and is exactly the same TV. I'm of the opinion that the staff aren't even aware of John Lewis criteria for price matching and that after some negotiation and pointing to their own terms and conditions there is no argument but they certainly do try to get out of honouring price matches if they can, I'm sure of that.

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
JL came back to me yesterday and apologised that they'd made a mistake and that they'd price match, but had take the liberty to add the £30 for delivery that total digital charge

never had that before, so I'll try again and hopefully get someone less clued up!

Plan is to get a price match in place and see what the new Samsung offer is from midday on Christmas Eve (that's when the current promotion runs out)

I've then got 28 days in which to monitor further price drops once I've ordered!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
The £30 delivery charge being added on is correct MrW and is clear in the terms and conditions of the price match, it was added to the price when I purchased mine. It's not part of the purchase price and so has to be added on to the price match price, it's still a good price despite the extra £30.

Now that you have the price match it's valid for 28 days so you have plenty of time to try and beat it, hopefully you get the price down further.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
The £30 delivery charge being added on is correct MrW and is clear in the terms and conditions of the price match, it was added to the price when I purchased mine. It's not part of the purchase price and so has to be added on to the price match price, it's still a good price despite the extra £30.

Now that you have the price match it's valid for 28 days so you have plenty of time to try and beat it, hopefully you get the price down further.

Yep, you might as well buy it and then try and beat it with the next promotion, that is what I would do.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
They said 5 days, so I'm presuming they meant working days, so I'm hoping I'll hear something tomorrow.

I'm guessing you didn't hear back.

Surprise, surprise!

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Oldboy said:

Ironically, neither the price match with Total Digital for the F7000 or VT65 had the £30 added. It would therefore seem that some people in the NKU department are lazy!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
MrW said:
Oldboy said:

Ironically, neither the price match with Total Digital for the F7000 or VT65 had the £30 added. It would therefore seem that some people in the NKU department are lazy!

Hmmm that's curious as on both occasions when I price matched the 55F8000 online and then in store the £30 delivery charge was added to the price and when I spoke to them on the phone they were adamant that the £30 had to be added as it wasn't part of the purchase price but added on after for delivery. I tried to argue that it didn't apply to me as I would be buying in store be it with Total Digital or John Lewis but they wouldn't take it off and for the sake of £30 I didn't fight too hard...it seemed petty when I had just got over £900 off the ticket price and got a 5 year warranty thrown in too.

It is strange that your price match requests have all varied with the delivery charge though although it's worth saying it's only £30 and doesn't represent much more of a saving plus you have to account for the fact you get a 5 year warranty too and that if you bought from TotalDigital you would have to pay the delivery charge. It seems fair to me that John Lewis ask you to pay the £30 delivery charge but then that's just me.

D

Deleted member 2457

MrW said:
Oldboy said:

The VT65 doesn't have the delivery cost.

TRENDING THREADS