Home Cinema System with a Plasma or a Projector screen?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
lesmor:I would agree with Gel on the Yamaha Z7 Amp M&K 750THX Speaker package

Contact David at Frank Harvey for more info , they say its a perfect match

Certainly is!
emotion-21.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Traumatic:Does Frank Harvey have shops all around the UK?

Unfortunately not Traumatic - although many would like us to
emotion-2.gif

We're based in Coventry city centre in the West Midlands.

Regards

David

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

emotion-2.gif

Regards

David

I might have to come out to Coventry and try out these amazing speakers :) are they with a Projector or plasma?

how much do the speakers cost?

I'm interested in the Monitor Audio speakers (Best speaker of 2009) do you have them in your showroom, so i could compare the sound with the Yamaha speakers?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We have the whole Monitor Audio range on demo, from Vector to Platinum.

At the moment, with the exit of Pioneer, we're dealing with Panasonic, who have very little stock at the moment, so we're down to one plasma on demo downstairs. The two AV rooms have projectors installed - the main room has the JVC HD550 and HD950, with the Panasonic PTAE4000, the second room has the Mitsubishi HC7000.

We don't have any Yamaha speakers on demo at the moment. Over the next 12 hours our new web page at www.frankharvey.co.uk. will be going live, and this will list everything available on demo in store (which we can't list here).

D

Deleted member 2457

FrankHarveyHiFi:

We have the whole Monitor Audio range on demo, from Vector to Platinum.

At the moment, with the exit of Pioneer, we're dealing with Panasonic, who have very little stock at the moment, so we're down to one plasma on demo downstairs. The two AV rooms have projectors installed - the main room has the JVC HD550 and HD950, with the Panasonic PTAE4000, the second room has the Mitsubishi HC7000.

We don't have any Yamaha speakers on demo at the moment. Over the next 12 hours our new web page at www.frankharvey.co.uk. will be going live, and this will list everything available on demo in store (which we can't list here).

Sound's exciting.

A

Anonymous

Traumatic:

FrankHarveyHiFi:

emotion-2.gif

Regards

David

I might have to come out to Coventry and try out these amazing speakers :) are they with a Projector or plasma?

how much do the speakers cost?

I'm interested in the Monitor Audio speakers (Best speaker of 2009) do you have them in your showroom, so i could compare the sound with the Yamaha speakers?

They are not Yamaha speakers Traumatic

M&K speakers are not cheap but they are the speakers of choice used by the film studios to master the soundtracks

Depends if you want to take a one off hit on speaker cost or keep upgrading every so often , I did a calculation on how much I have spent and lost on speakers over the years, I would have been cheaper to go for what I have now ( M&K ) in the first place.

If you are near Coventry please at least go for a dem , dont take anyones word for it , only your ears and eyes can tell if its for you

A

Anonymous

Ah

I thought it was a Yamaha package

Thanks

Edit: have what hi fi reviewed them?

A

Anonymous

Traumatic:

Ah

I thought it was a Yamaha package

Thanks

Edit: have what hi fi reviewed them?

Not sure about WHF review but there are reviews of the 750s online

A note of caution , these are not your pretty wood veneered speaker ( which has a cost to manufacture) , you could describe them as looking "industrial and ugly" but they are all about performance.

Also there is debate about there musicality compared to others, they are designed for Home cinema . mainstream manufacturers are in the main designed for Hi Fi but due to market forces sold for Home cinema thats why the front three speakers in their packages are never exactly the same.

Also mainstream speaker manufacturers buy a lot of "Advertising space " you can make your own conclusions as to why M&K , JBL etc are seldom mentioned as a upgrade choice

Standing by for flak

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
lesmor:Also there is debate about there musicality compared to others, they are designed for Home cinema.

It is true that they are desined first and foremost for move soundtracks (although I personally think they've taken music into account with the M Series). And yes, many people have slated them for music. My response to this is that most people who comment on them haven't actually heard them, and also, even if they have, they're usually quoting what somebody else has said. To get the MK's to sound good, a little bit of setting up and tweaking is needed (as with all sub/sat systems). If this isn't done, they can sound bad. I think one or two people have heard badly set up sytems, and spread round that they sound terrible for music. In reality, they actually sound very good - of all our customers who have bought them for movies AND music, I don't think ayone has ever complained out the quality of music they're getting. They're a little more 'forthcoming' with information, so if you're into a 'pipe and slippers' type of sound, they're not for you. But if information is your bag, you'll be more than happy with them. I've used various models (651/750/150) for music, and I think they're beer than quality than most people are looking for or need

Their sealed cabinets lend themselves very well to music and placement in almost any room too.

Standing by for flak

Lol
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Just an update,

We never found the 60inch Pioneer, So we are waiting for the new Pansonic 60/65 inch tv to come out,

We had an electrician over and he recommend having bose speakers, He recon'd we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the monitor Audio Speakers and the bose speakers as we weren't Hi-FI Mad. Is he correct?

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Traumatic:
Just an update,

We never found the 60inch Pioneer, So we are waiting for the new Pansonic 60/65 inch tv to come out,

We had an electrician over and he recommend having bose speakers, He recon'd we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the monitor Audio Speakers and the bose speakers as we weren't Hi-FI Mad. Is he correct?

I wouldn't agree with his recommendation one bit. Bose have a place in the market for certain, but if you demoed a Bose sub/sat system next to any of the other speaker systems discussed in this thread I think you will find you would hear a clear difference. If you were still planning on visiting Frank Harvey for a demo you would be able to demo them against your other choices as they carry all the brands you have discussed in this thread. If it were me spending my money I would want to know that I put together the best setup I could with my £10K (which is no small amount of chump change) and to not visit a friend's house a few months later to find that my system, after having spent that much, sounds somewhat less rich and defined. You are looking to put together a system for watching movies and one of the most important purposes of the sound system for films is to convey the weight and impact of the film. You won't get this as well from a Bose system.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Traumatic:
Just an update,

I wouldn't agree with his recommendation one bit. Bose have a place in the market for certain, but if you demoed a Bose sub/sat system next to any of the other speaker systems discussed in this thread I think you will find you would hear a clear difference. If you were still planning on visiting Frank Harvey for a demo you would be able to demo them against your other choices as they carry all the brands you have discussed in this thread. If it were me spending my money I would want to know that I put together the best setup I could with my £10K (which is no small amount of chump change) and to not visit a friend's house a few months later to find that my system, after having spent that much, sounds somewhat less rich and defined. You are looking to put together a system for watching movies and one of the most important purposes of the sound system for films is to convey the weight and impact of the film. You won't get this as well from a Bose system.

A

Anonymous

sorry to disturb you all....but i think if you got a good space...projector(got now built in 3d) is the best suite for you...about receiver or speakers...you should go hear it yourself(lets your ear judge)not by other promoter(if you share ears with them)...sometimes the good name doesnt mean the good sound....

A

Anonymous

few years ago i saw one....about (ringgit malaysia)rm59999 in pandan indah complex(i dont remember the name) kuala lumpur.....pioneer plasma 60inch screen....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts