help with new sounds set up please help im out my depth Rs6 av

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys please help i need sum help setting up my stuff im a bit of a newbie so a jus bought what i thot sounded gd ive just bought

monitor audio rs6av package

mj acoustic pro 50 mkII sub (can i get better for around the £350 mark or is this a gd choice)??

onkyo 606 amp (is this amp powerful enough)

pioneer pdp508xd plazma.

my first ? is ive not heard the sub will it be gd enough for the av package.

second will my ps3 be gd enough for watching dvds or will i need a seperate blue ray i seen the new panasonic is getting rave reviews. how does it compare to my ps3.

also if the ps3 is gd enough do i need a hdmi cable and optical or do i just need 1 of them.

A

Anonymous

i was considering buying an mj acoustic pro 50 mkII with monitor audio silver rs6 av pack i have an onkyo 606 amp is this a wise choice of sub for my room is 5x4m or shud i change for somthing else it will mainly be for cinema sound.

A

Anonymous

I do know about your sub but i am using a ps3 which is quite good but am going to get a dedicated blue ray player soon for the hi-def sound, the ps3 sound is average no hd but the picture is good in my opinion.i just use a hdmi cable, (onyko 705 amp) so that is all you should need.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
In aroom that size I'd suggest that the Monitor Audio RSW-12 subwoofer would be a sensible investment. If you want a very small sub, I'd suggest the MJ Reference 100 or 150, or maybe even the Velodyne MicroVee.

A

Anonymous

If size isn't a problem go for a BK Electronics Monolith DF. I bought one after hearing one and at £407 the price is amazingly low.
http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/monolith-df.htm

A

Anonymous

hi there need a sub for around 400 maybe 500 looked at the mj acoustic pro 50 mkII sounded pretty good for 350. i have the monitor audio silver rs6 av pack so im looking for a decent sub to go with it i heard its better to stick to sub makers like rel and mj acoustic dunno tho what do you think please help as im buyin tomorrow.

cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Arf69:
hi there need a sub for around 400 maybe 500 looked at the mj acoustic pro 50 mkII sounded pretty good for 350. i have the monitor audio silver rs6 av pack so im looking for a decent sub to go with it i heard its better to stick to sub makers like rel and mj acoustic dunno tho what do you think please help as im buyin tomorrow.

cheers

The RSW12 is in another league.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:Arf69:

cheers

The RSW12 is in another league.

Couldn't agree more, powerful and controlled.
YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED>

A

Anonymous

hi sorry im just tryin to get a wide variety of opiions before tomorrow before i buy one and sumtimes you get a lack of response.

when you say the rsw12 is in a diff league do u mean it blows the mj away???

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Arf69:
hi sorry im just tryin to get a wide variety of opiions before tomorrow before i buy one and sumtimes you get a lack of response.

when you say the rsw12 is in a diff league do u mean it blows the mj away???
Yes.

Put it this way, demo one and you will buy it. I was amazed what a really good sub could add to my system. From explosions and gun shot (Munich, Saving Private Ryan) to Pod racing in Star Wars and then films like Ice Age 2 and Monsters Inc, the sound is incredible. My only problem is that I'm always being told to "turn it down, you don't need it that loud"!!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Arf69:what sub do u have garrad

I have the RSW12. Before I bought my Monitor Audio speakers (I have R90s instead of the RSFX or whatever they are called), I had the Jamo £250 5.1 package. The sub that comes with it is far better than you would expect and I kept it for a while and sold the other Jamos on. After a while I demo'd a few subwoofers and then got a deal with my local Sevenoaks for the RSW12. The improvement truly astonished me. It is a phenomenal speaker for the money (although they are now priced at £750 because of increased transportation costs - I paid £550!!). I would be very surprised if you could beat it for the money and as it's been designed to work with your RS6AV package, I would highly recommend it. I'v not heard one person say a bad word about it - for a MA product, that is some acomplishment!!

TRENDING THREADS