Help wanted Quickly.

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade my hifi system starting with the amp. A denon Pma255uk

I am considering Cyrus 6vs2, Arcam A85 or Naim Nait 5i. I've seen some good deals on each and am just wondering which way to turn. I want a more more punch from my music but not harsh. I like everything from rock to classical. Makes it harder doesn't it?

The next step will be to upgrade the speakers currently Mission 771 yes I know old. Any advice would be helpful. Need to be happy close to a wall. Stand mounters only please.

The final step would be to replace the cd player. Nad C521i. The other elements of the system would need to be able to work with the cd player for a short while.

Thanks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Naim Nait 5i and Rega RS1 stand mount speakers (£399) make an excellent pairing. (I have heard them together.)

Rega and Naim are usually stocked by the same dealers so should be no problem in hearing them together.

Don't worry about the Rega RS1s being rear ported, they work very well close to walls or pulled out. Superbly unfussy.

Quote from Rega...

"...It allows them to be mounted directly onto the wall, or alternatively to be placed on shelves or stands. This allows the user greater flexibility in positioning than is normal."

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Ignore the 6vs2 then as these have a very lean sound, and end up sound top heavy, and that really won't sound good with your Missions, and limits your speaker choice later on. Of your choices, look at the Arcam and the Naim. For me, the Naim would clinch it.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
tifosi20002008:
I'm looking to upgrade my hifi system starting with the amp. A denon Pma255uk

I am considering Cyrus 6vs2, Arcam A85 or Naim Nait 5i. I've seen some good deals on each and am just wondering which way to turn. I want a more more punch from my music but not harsh. I like everything from rock to classical. Makes it harder doesn't it?

The next step will be to upgrade the speakers currently Mission 771 yes I know old. Any advice would be helpful. Need to be happy close to a wall. Stand mounters only please.

The final step would be to replace the cd player. Nad C521i. The other elements of the system would need to be able to work with the cd player for a short while.

Thanks

As someone whos had both the A85 and the Nait 5i I can only say that the sound between these two at least is very different! Is there any way you can listen to them, or have you heard them before?

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. another possible amp could be the Roksan kandy. Any advice on one of those?

Finding an A85 to demo might be difficult but the others are not hard to track down.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts