Marantz amp help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DCarmi

I don't know much about the amp but the Mission M72i speakers were well thought of as inexpensive models, at the time. Best on stands rather than a bookshelf.

If it were me and I was happy with the sound of the current system, I'd keep them until I upgraded the amp. I'd prefer the amp drove speaker choice than the other way round.

A Marantz CD6007 CD player would be the obvious choice.

Reactions: WayneKerr

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Speaker wise with my experience of the pm 7200. Speaker need to have a bit bite as the 7200/8000 a very “warm” sound.

If I were to go out today and buy speakers for this amp I’d probably start with klipsch models such as the klipsch as the Rp 500. Something with loads of get up and go and are easy to drive so you can make use of that class A feature.

But if you really want to lean in that warm sound prehaps something from wharfdale or tannoy.

Dealer also sell preowned gear so worth giving them a bell to see what they and they come with warranties so is far safer than buying used on eBay or some such.

matthewpianist

I don't know much about the amp but the Mission M72i speakers were well thought of as inexpensive models, at the time. Best on stands rather than a bookshelf.

If it were me and I was happy with the sound of the current system, I'd keep them until I upgraded the amp. I'd prefer the amp drove speaker choice than the other way round.

A Marantz CD6007 CD player would be the obvious choice.

I'd go even further and say, if you're happy with the sound as it is, don't rush into doing anything. Add a CD player (consider the Denon DCD600NE as well as the Marantz) and enjoy what you have before you quickly descend into what can be an expensive and often frustrating series of rabbit holes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts