Help needed with first setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All, Hope someone can help me. Have been using the Panasonic 5.1 home cinema kit - SC-TP850 - that I got with my TV. Thought I treat myself and purchased the Onkyo TX-SR606 after reading the good reviews and was planning to just use the speakers from the SC-TP850 in the mean time. But when I went to connect up the speakers the sub woofer can't connect to the TX-SR606 as it doesn't have a line input, it's just got a speaker cable? What do I need to do to get the sub woofer connected or is it not possible? Also, looking to connect up my Sky+ box via the TX-SR606, any recommendations for video cable selection. It only needs to be 0.5m in length, I was thinking a scart to component cable. Would this be the best option and if so any particular cable you would recommend. Look forward to any feedback. Thanks, Dave

A

Anonymous

With regards to the Sub... sounds like you might need a new one unless it has a Coaxial type connector to plug into the sub connection on the amp. Have a look in the buyers guide of a copy of WHFSAV to find one in your budget. With regards to Sky... i think I would connect the box direct to the telly using a good quality scart from QED and use the optical out to put the sound through the amp. The reason I wouldn't put the video through the amp is because fewer connections means better quality and less chance for signal loss or interferance.

matthewpiano

You can't usually seperate the sub from the main dvd/amp unit of Panasonic HT systems because the connection between them usually feeds the main unit with its power and the sub with its audio signal. I'd give up on the set-up completely and look for a bargain on something like the KEF 1005 speaker system, available in some places for as little as £200 now. It will get much more out of your Onkyo than the Pana speakers and be a lot easier to get set up properly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts