headphones - sounded rubbish now dont!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
When i had the nad c542, c320bee and proac tab ref 8 sig's my beyerdynamic galactics sounded rubbish by comparison, but now that i have the moon cd1 & i1 combo with the speakers i am actually able to listen to them again with out regretting the decision.

is this due to a better built in headphone stage or is it actually the cables to the speakers robbing some of the quality?

I went from QED silver anniversary to Chord Silverscreen. [:s}

A

Anonymous

Yes. Though buy a dedicated H/P amp to get the best from headphones, Pro-ject Headbox will probably do the trick.

Edit: Actually forget that, bad recommendation.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Hmmm its interesting that that is the case because when i had the b&w 601's on the system the phones sounded fine!

Guess it really does show how spending more can improve matters.

thanks for the answer

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the project headbox mk II is actually pretty good for the money far better than the inbuilt one in my arcam kit - i know the seii model with two sockets got a little bit of a kicking this month in what hi fi but in comparison to an inbuilt one in prob still an upgrade

if you step up to the likes of the little dot mkiii you gain loads in terms of sound and well worth the outlay

A

Anonymous

I'll keep that at the back of my mind thanks, theres a new turn table and phono stage to come first.
emotion-1.gif

Given the amount i use headphones (about once a year) it's not worth it, i was just so shocked that a 'better' system resulted in them sounding better rather than the other way round.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts