HDMI

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
randydevilad:Yeah guess your right actually because those bigger brands can afford too
emotion-5.gif

Absolutely - a phone call is so expensive these days, and as for biffing out a press release and sending an e-mail...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Why? It has 17 five-star reviews already - why do you need another opinion?

Cos thousands of us pay a fiver for the mag and would like a comparison?
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

ScoobyCanDo:After all, we already know that 'reviews' on sites such as Amazon are often written by the same person, using several different user ID's (if at all needed to post a comment) and very possibly they work for that actual company who either makes or supplies the item being reviewed?

Golly, do you really think that happens?
emotion-4.gif

Sarcasm .................. (lowest form of wit)
emotion-60.gif

You not think?
emotion-16.gif

I'll forgive you ............... after all it is FRIDAY!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

randydevilad:Yeah guess your right actually because those bigger brands can afford too
emotion-5.gif

Absolutely - a phone call is so expensive these days, and as for biffing out a press release and sending an e-mail...

you forgot to mention sponsership
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

emotion-5.gif

OR perhaps they don't have PR departments?

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
randydevilad:Soÿcan you explain why cheaper brands dont realy get a mention then?
In this specific case, it's because as yet I've received no reply to my email and telephone calls to HD Cables.
We've got a £10 HDMI cable by a company called Falcon in the March issue (on sale February 11th). Cheap enough for you?ÿ

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
randydevilad:you forgot to mention sponsership
emotion-5.gif

Why should I, even if I could spell it?

And by the way, the comment about suspect user reviews wasn't sarcasm: it was irony, which is a much higher form of wit.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ginder:Cos thousands of us pay a fiver for the mag and would like a comparison?
emotion-5.gif

And as you'll see above, Simon is on the case.

Power to the people, eh?

citizensmith.jpg

And by the way, if you're paying a fiver your shop is doing you out of 70p every month.

A

Anonymous

Simon Lucas:randydevilad:So can you explain why cheaper brands dont realy get a mention then?

In this specific case, it's because as yet I've received no reply to my email and telephone calls to HD Cables.

We've got a £10 HDMI cable by a company called Falcon in the March issue (on sale February 11th). Cheap enough for you?

Testy?

Will soon be 'Home Time'
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi Simon,

Thanks for that ................ look forward to reading it, as I'm sure are many others.

Regards

The SCOOBY
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

Ginder:Cos thousands of us pay a fiver for the mag and would like a comparison?
emotion-5.gif

And as you'll see above, Simon is on the case.

Power to the people, eh?

citizensmith.jpg

And by the way, if you're paying a fiver your shop is doing you out of 70p every month.

Woohoo ur right, i saved 70p. I can buy abit more of a hdmi cable now
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Does that put an end to all of us getting scrappy, Scooby?

Hi Andrew,

I would hope so, though I've not been 'scrappy' as you put it?
emotion-42.gif

My apologies then for pointing out the obvious with regard to certain 'sarcastic' replies/comments ............ had I realised how sensitive some where I would not have done so.
emotion-4.gif

Enjoy the rest of your day ............. I know I am.
emotion-5.gif

Adjure
emotion-20.gif

The SCOOBY

A

Anonymous

Its not about cheap hdmi cables really, HD cable's hdmi is £20 and thats the same price of the QED that got the 5star award. Has the Falcon cable had any praise like the HD Cables hdmi?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

randydevilad:See what hi fi that wasen't difficult was it lol
emotion-19.gif

No, and we'll know our place in the future, I promise...

LOL! this thread is great. it is. it might even be a re=reader, depnding how bored i get.

but, seriously, HDMI cables are all rubbish.

You know it makes sense.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The one on each end of an HDMI cable. The one that falls out with the slightest provocation, can wobble in two planes - so that makes it poor in all three -, more often than not stops working or connects intermittently after it's been plugged in and unplugged a few times and should have had a clip or thumbscrews to hold it in place from the start.

I'd love to know how many problems people have with HDMI interconnects are actually down to the cable - ie the wire - and how many due to poorly made or ill-fitting plugs.

TRENDING THREADS