HD Ready Panasonic 42PX70 or Full HD 42PZ70?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Do I buy the full 1080/24 PZ70, or the slightly cheaper PX70? I watch a lot of films, and will have a PS3 for Blu Ray. My budget is around £1000, and around 40/42" in size. Has anyone seen the pz70 and px70 side by side with PS3 or HD? and i dont mean the demo's in comet as the tv's are all set up with component leads running at 720i.
I saw a demo the other week but the salesman pointed out that the reason i couldnt see any difference in quality is that the HD demo was on at 720i - though i must say that both sets looked very good. The PZ70 looked slightly better but not worth the extra cost - it was very close. I prefer the look of the PX70 as it will be mounted on the wall but the PZ70 has the advantage of an anti reflective coating.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We tested the 42PX70 and 42PZ70 in our November 07 Supertest of 40-42in flatscreen TVs. Both got 5 stars, and we concluded: "Full HD might not be the be-all and end-all in picture quality, but it certainly elevates the PZ70 screen above its HD-ready sibling."

If you can afford it, it's a fantastic television that will make the very best of HD sources. But I realise there's quite a price difference between the two! That's why we made the PX70 our Best Budget 40-42in TV in the 2007 Awards. Tough choice, but if you want the very best picture quality, I'd go for the PZ70.

A

Anonymous

I've just purchased a PZ70 for 1000 pounds from salisbury hifi and couldn't be happier. I use this for the PS3 for movies, pictures and streaming my own videos from my network.

No offense intended but I'm amazed the amount of people who are indecisive about whether to spend a few extra hundred pounds on something which is obviously better ( though there not sure by how much ) and also more future proof.

If your going to spend nearly a grand on a tv it really makes no sense not to get the PZ70 given the television is going to last you perhaps up to 5 years do you really want to regret that decision in a few months or even year from now.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="MattAdamson"]
I've just purchased a PZ70 for 1000 pounds from salisbury hifi and couldn't be happier. I use this for the PS3 for movies, pictures and streaming my own videos from my network.

No offense intended but I'm amazed the amount of people who are indecisive about whether to spend a few extra hundred pounds on something which is obviously better ( though there not sure by how much ) and also more future proof.

If your going to spend nearly a grand on a tv it really makes no sense not to get the PZ70 given the television is going to last you perhaps up to 5 years do you really want to regret that decision in a few months or even year from now.

[/quote]

ive seen the pz70 for £849 while the px70 is £625 so quite a bit of difference. I can see your point on buying a decent set to last though.

A

Anonymous

[/quote]

I agree, I was all set to buy the 50PX70 but deided on the PZ 42" for the same price. I dont have a PS3 or Blue Ray, but I will at some point, this gives me the best option to have FULL HD in the future rather than replacing the panel for a new one.
I personally think the PZ looks better than the PX and it is fully Japan made.

A

Anonymous

[/quote]

I agree.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts