admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi well i have some questions that i hope some experince can solve for me.

1. I want to get a new tv but i know the sound is always lacking that wow factor but i havent really got the room for speakers everywhere and i have a toddler. So i saw the YAMAHA YSP-600 then add the YST -FSW050 SUBWOOFER for that deeper bass and thought problem solved but it doesnt decode HD AUDIO. Then i read that some blueray players do all the decoding internally. This is where i need some help can the B/R player decode the sound that i hear from the sound bar and subwoofer?

2. Now hear is my second question my system will consist of 40inch lcd/led/plasma not sure yet. blueray player, sky hd box, YSP-600 sound bar and YST -FSW050. And i would just love to know how the hell u connect all of this. So that if its possible to hear any hd audio. and to get the best sound and picture from this set up.

So any infomation on this would be great.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Those soundbars are already a compromise and only 'work' when you're sitting in the sweet spot at a right angle to the bar. A mate of mine has one and it can sound quite effective when you're sitting square on to the bar but if you sit anywhere else, it just sounds like a big speaker. As they're a compromise and as the older non HD formats are 90 percent of the way there anyway, I personally wouldn't worry about HD audio via a soundbar.

The YSP600 can't accept LPCM audio over HDMI (utilising the player as the decoder of HD audio), the HDMI connections are simply for switching sources to pass a single HDMI (Video) cable (plus stereo audio) to the TV. I can't remember if Yamaha make an HD audio capable soundbar, they probably do but I would ask what is the point?

Have you considered wall mounting the speakers out of the way?

A

Anonymous

thanks for that. so what is the difference with hd audio. and how would u coneect each component together.

A

Anonymous

and if films play at 24 fps will the sound be in sync?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
impulsive:thanks for that. so what is the difference
with hd audio. and how would u coneect each component together.

It
depends on the kit but as the soundbar is primarily an audio device,
you would connect each source directly to the soundbar via an audio cable, e.g. optical
for the sky hd box. The bluray player will depend on the capabilities
of the player but optical or digital-coax will get you DD5.1/DTS i.e.
the non HD vanilla formats. Likewise for the TV, most TV's have either optical (digital) or RCA phono (analogue) audio outputs but the result is the same i.e. 2.0 channel stereo. Some TV's e.g Philips have digi-coax output.

HD audio are lossless audio formats. If you check this month's mag you will see an explanation within the Bluray feature.

EDITED BY MODS for house rules

or google for explanations on the various bitrates. I seem to recall there being a few videos around on the likes of youtube which should also explain.

impulsive:

and if films play at 24 fps will the sound be in sync?

Check the online manual at yamaha-uk.com, it should tell you if you can alter the delay on the audio to compensate for lip sync.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that. just seen another option the sony sound racks (tv stand) they say they r compatible with LPCM 7.1 channel audio output. does this mean they decode the hd audio formats? or can this accept the blueray players decoded signal and deliver the HD audio?

A

Anonymous

Have you considered the Q-AV system? This is essentially your 3 front speakers packaged like a soundbar, with your surround speakers wall mounted and inaccessible to little fingers. A mate of mine has it and it's a great sounding solution. Then all you need is a receiver that decodes HD Audio.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the alternative solution. Will definatly have a look at these and see if they suit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts